Chapter Eleven

Steps from two men walked through the red and black halls of Hell. Music still played. The doors of Lucifer's office opens and he is seen standing at his desk, looking into the fire that flamed in the fireplace.

"Sir, we have some news," one of the men says. Lucifer turns around to look at his assistants. He waits for them to say what they have found out about his missing assailant.

"We've found her. She is in her home, with her family-and the Archangel," he said. Lucifer raised his eyebrows and stayed where he was standing. The two men remained where they were at the doorway as well. Lucifer had seen this coming when he found out Auralia had vanished from his prison confines and saved from the angel. This was nearly textbook to Lucifer. He knew that the angel would save the girl from here, he knew the bond they had. He had his men watching Auralia on earth for a while, and when she escaped, he had his men tracking her once again, and it was easier this time. She basically had exposed herself to him. This was easy work to get her back, and he would make sure that she got the message that she could never escape him without coming straight back.

"Ah, the Archangel. Gabriel. He must always make things difficult for us. I would say...leave them for now. There is no need to rush things, is there?" He asked, rhetorically. The two advocates nodded and left the room to leave him to his own. He turned back to the fire, and stared at it with his fluorescent hazel eyes. His slicked back, brown hair slightly shining in the midst of the fire. His human form was charming, and it was alluring. He needed to be in order to lure the souls he wanted to make his mistresses to him easily. After he was finished with them he would dispose of them in one of the seven rings of Hell with the rest of the souls he obtained when they died.

"When will you learn, Auralia? How long will it take?" He asked himself.

--------------

I sat on the beach with my sister. It was late in the morning. We were talking about certain things, how we've been in the last while we have seen each other, movies we had recently liked, songs we loved. I was just waiting for when she would ask me about Gabriel. She was going to ask something about him. I knew she would, whatever it was. So when it finally came I was prepared to answer it for her.

"So what's the deal with you and Gabriel? I mean, I know he's an angel and all, and the whole apathetic behaviour towards it I totally get, but you and him personally, what is that about? Are you friends, are you more than friends? You don't have to tell me if you don't want too, it's just a little confusing," Delfina asked. Delfina was one I could trust. I could have told her anything and she wouldn't have said a word if I told her not too. I would have told her the details before mom and dad knew. But this was slightly odd to talk about for me. Even then, Delfina would be the one to tell besides all the others.

"Well, it's a little complicated. There are some circumstances that don't allow me to take things further with him than I already have," I replied. She looked at me, puzzled. Like she would know any of the details of Gabriel's rules. I barely knew all of them.

"I don't understand. What circumstances? What have you done with him?" Delfina asked. I sighed and looked towards the beach.

"Gabriel and I have kissed a few times, you know, everything but...you know?" I said. She nodded in understanding. I was glad she wasn't judging me for what I allowed myself to do with Gabriel. I doubted it was normal for a human girl to get involved with an Archangel.

"Okay. So what are the circumstances? Why can't you do anything else?" She asked. This was so hard to explain. I decided I would say it all in a nutshell. Gabriel had told me so much that I would hardly be able to explain it all in one sitting. But at least the basics could be heard.