Chapter 26: The Battle of Hogwarts

Other people had arrived. I almost cried when I saw Lupin, as I gave him a hug. A few other students as well such as Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, Oliver Wood, Bill and Fleur, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley with Kingsley.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Fred asked me. I nodded my head.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

"It's just, I've been worried. Your wand going missing and everything, what happened at the Manor, now — it's just —"

"You don't have to say anything," I said. "I know."

"But, I think you'll like this," said Fred, a small smile etching across his face. He pulled something out from his leg from his shoe. A small, white-frosted wand gleaming in front of me. I gasped.

"How did you find it?" I asked in wonder and awe, staring at my old wand. It hadn't changed a bit.

"Snatchers were playing with it, found them and stole it while they were sleeping." Fred grinned.

"Oh Fred," I said, smiling at him. I played with my wand for a while.

It took a long time before Harry and Luna came back. Once they did, Lupin went to him with questions.

"What first, Harry?" called George. "What's going on?"

"They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organized," Harry said. "We're fighting."

There was a great roar and a surge toward the foot of the stairs. We all headed out and into the main castle. I stayed behind where Mrs. Weasley was arguing with her daughter Ginny about going home, which she bluntly disagreed.

We ended up following down the stairs and into the Great Hall where Harry was and the rest of the Weasleys piled on. I looked over at the Slytherin table. It was almost completely deserted. The only person that stayed behind was Blaise.

"I said all Slytherins!" Professor McGonagall said toward him.

"I'm staying and fighting!" He called back.

"Blaise!" I shouted at him and waved. He turned to me and grinned, running up to me and engulfed me in a hug. "I've missed you, mate!"

"Missed you too!" He grinned, running a hand through my hair playfully.

"We've only got half an hour until midnight, so we need to act fast! A battle plan has been agreed between the teachers of Hogwarts and the Order of the Phoenix. Professor Flitwick, Spriut, and McGonagall are going to take groups of fighters up to the three highest towers — Ravenclaw, Astronomy. And Gryffindor — where they'll have a good overview, excellent positions from which to work spells. Meanwhile Remus, Arthur, and I will take groups into the grounds. We'll need somebody to organize defense of the entrances of the passageways into the school —"

"Sounds like a job for us," called Fred, indicating himself and George, and Kingsley nodded his approval.

"All right, leaders up here and we'll divide up the troops!"

"Potter!" said Professor McGonagall, hurrying up to him, as students flooded the platform, jostling for position. They had a brief conversation before Harry made his way toward me hurriedly.

"Let's go find it," he said quickly. I nodded and turned to Blaise.

"Coming?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. He beamed, catching up to Harry, with me following behind. It was great. Just Harry, Blaise, and me. Finding the Horcrux. I wish Draco was with us, but then it wouldn't be how it is now — peaceful.