Chapter 14: The Silver Doe

I woke up with a splitting headache. I looked over at my shoulder, seeing it wrapped up. I was fixed clearly, and it didn't hurt as much which was good.

Midnight rolled by and we Disapparated under the Invisibility Cloak. We slammed hard onto what felt like frozen earth covered with leaves.

"Where are we?" Harry asked, peering around at the forest.

"The Forest of Dean," she said. "I came camping here once with my mum and dad."

It was bitterly cold. We spent most of the day huddled in the tent trying to protect ourselves from the wind. Harry's wand was broken so he used Hermione's. He couldn't use mine because mine was in scripted with my powers so nobody else could use it. When he tried he nearly blasted off his eyebrows.

It was later than it was usually supposed to be. I was up keeping watch because somehow, Harry ran off. I didn't know where he was or what he was doing, but I knew he was okay. He just needs to get his arse back to the tent. Thinking I should go after him, I contemplated, and decided to take a nap instead. I went back inside and fell asleep quickly in the armchair.

I woke up to yelling. And also Ron who was being attacked by a raging Hermione.

"What the bloody hell is he doing —?"

But I was interrupted quickly by Hermione shouting at Ron.

"I came running after you! I called you! I begged you to come back!"

"I know," said Ron, "Hermione, I'm sorry, I'm really —"

"Oh, you're sorry!" She laughed a high pitched sound I didn't like.

"You came back after weeks — weeks — and you think it's all going to be all right if you just say sorry?"

"Well, what else can I say?" Ron shouted. I face palmed, knowing he could've said so much more.

"Oh, I don't know!" yelled Hermione with awful sarcasm. "Rack your brains, Ron, that should only take a couple of seconds —"

"Hermione," interjected Harry, "he just saved my —"

"I don't care!" she screamed. "I don't care what he's done! Weeks and weeks, we could have been dead for all he knew —"

"I knew you weren't dead!" bellowed Ron, drowning her voice for the first time. "Harry's all over the Prophet, all over the radio, they're looking for you everywhere, all these rumors and mental stories, I knew I'd hear straight off if you were dead, you don't know what it's been like —"

"What it's been like for you?"

"I wanted to come back the minute I'd Disapparated but I walked straight into a gang of snatchers, Hermione, and I couldn't go anywhere!"

"A gang of what?" I asked. Everybody looked at me for the first time because they just made aware of my presence. Hermione threw herself down in the chair and crossed her arms and legs tightly.

"Snatchers," Ron said, continuing where they left off. "They're everywhere — gangs trying to earn gold by rounding up muggle-borns and blood traitors, there's a reward for the Ministry of everyone captured. I was on my own and I look like I might be school age; they got really excited, thought I was a Muggle-born in hiding. I had to talk fast out of being dragged to the Ministry."

"What did you say to them?"

"Told them I was Stan Shunpike. First person I could think of."

"And they believed that?"