Chapter 5: The Wedding

The boys were helping around on the following afternoon for the wedding that would be happening very, very shortly. I hung around Fred mostly.

"When I get married," said Fred, tugging at the collar of his own robes, "I won't be bothering with any of this nonsense. You can all wear what you like, and I'll put a full Body-Bind Curse on Mum until it's all over."

"However, bride and groom must look exceptional," I said with a smile towards him. He returned it as he pecked me on the lips.

"Of course, darling," said Fred, kissing me once more. I wasn't exactly allowed to be down here with the boys in this fashion. Mrs. Weasley saw me and immediately hustled me back to the burrow and into the living room telling me to get ready for the wedding that was starting shortly.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't particularly wanted to get dressed for such an occasion. Yes, my wedding would be different but not someone else's.

I was still in my denim shorts and a dark tank top. Mrs. Weasley wasn't very fond of it as it wasn't presentable enough.

I didn't exactly know what to wear for the event. It's not like I have very nice things. I've only worn nice things for two occasions and that was to the Yule ball and for my dad's funeral.

I found something of Hermione's to wear instead which was brightly colored cherry blossoms on a pastel blue dress that was in her draw string pouch. I didn't like it so I tossed it aside. The only other thing I found was what Hermione was wearing of her floaty, lilac colored dress so I ended up having to put the other dress on.

I fixed my hair and left it down on it's own instead of its usual ponytail. Waves caressed my cheeks of my hair that made me look exceptional.

And of course, I was the last to arrive to the wedding. It was about to start so I ran down to the wedding in these horrible pale blue heels that I detested and nearly face planted while trying to make it to a chair. I collected myself quickly as I sat up straight with my posture fixed.

"Aquila?" I heard my name called by a familiar voice I haven't heard in a long time. I turned beside me and almost fell out of my seat.

"Viktor — I-I can't believe — what're you doing here?" I stammered with questions in a whisper as it started.

"Fleur invited me," said Viktor. He changed a little bit since I last saw him. He grew a beard. And, I kind of fancied it a little.

"That's nice of her," I said. "How are you? Are you still with Chamomile?"

"I'm fine, and, vell. . . I broke up vith her," said Viktor quietly as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley walked down the aisle.

"That's a relief — I-I mean, why's that?" I asked, stammering over my words.

"I realized I made a terivle mistake," said Viktor turning to me so I could stare into his gorgeous dark brown eyes that I never knew I missed so much. "I'm still in love vith you, Aquila. I couldn't vrite to tell you. I'm sorry."

I didn't know what to say to him. The conversation fell silent until Bill and Fleur were wedded. We were told to stand as the chairs underneath is vanished. I went to go look for Fred or Hermione or someone when I found him talking to his brother.

"Fred, hey, how're you?" I asked, flustered from earlier. He looked at me oddly.

"You alright?"

"Just fine, thanks," I said, waving it off. People began to dance to the music on the dance floor. Fred was busy laughing with Charlie. I wanted him to dance with me because I clearly didn't want to talk or look at Viktor. Apparently, he found me and began walking my way. Oh no.