Chapter 4: The Will of Albus Dumbledore

The Delacour's arrived the following morning at eleven o'clock. We were all quite resentful towards Fleur's family. The burrow looked so tidy which I've never seen like such. We've lost track of how many security enchantments had been placed on the burrow by the Order and the Ministry.

The burrow was clearly not meant to fill up so many people all at once. The couple filled up Mr. And Mrs. Weasley's beds as they slept on the couch. Their daughter Gabrielle slept with Fleur in Percy's old bedroom. And Bill would be sharing with Charlie, his best man, once he arrived from Romania.

For Harry's birthday, there wasn't really anything I knew of what to get him. Instead, I handed him something that was Canaan's that he had given me. He would've needed it more anyways.

I was excited to see Charlie. I missed his cool attitude. When I saw him though, all I could see was Canaan. So, I ended up avoiding him and not looking in his direction. Ginny asked what was going between us, which he replied and said that he didn't know. Hermione told them that it was because Charlie looked like Canaan.

Charlie confronted me about it and apologized for it, which was useless doing so because there was no point. I forgave him anyhow.

I wasn't used to not seeing an ear on George when they came for Harry's dinner party for his birthday. I hung out with Fred at that time because I knew I wasn't going to be seeing him again, if at all, so I took the advantage.

Mrs. Weasley made a gorgeous cake that looked like the golden snitch. I helped make it but it still turned out to be amazing. We all hugged Hagrid once he arrived, which he wore that ugly brown thing he calls his "best thing he has".

There was some blue thing that landed on the table, which looked to a weasel Patronus. It stood on its hind legs and spoke in Mr. Weasley's voice.

"Minister of magic coming with me."

That didn't sound good.

"We shouldn't be here," said Lupin at once. "Harry — I'm sorry — I'll explain another time —"

He seized Tonks wrist and pulled her away. They reached the fence, climbed over it, and disappeared.

"The minister — but why — ? I don't understand —"

But then Mr. Weasley appeared with the minister in a flash. They marched across the yard to the garden and toward the lantern-lit table.

"Sorry to intrude," said Scrimgeour. "Especially as I can see that I am gate-crashing a party." His eyes lingered for a moment on the giant Snitch cake. "Many happy returns."

"Thanks," said Harry.

"I require a private word with you," he said. "Also with Mr. Ronald Weasley, Miss Aquila Samus, and Miss Hermione Granger."

"Us?" said Ron, sounding surprised. "Why us?"

"I shall tell you that when we are somewhere more private," he said. "Is there such a place?"

"Yes, of course," said mr. Weasley who looked nervous. "The, er, sitting room, why don't you use that?"

"You can lead the way," the minister said to Ron. "There will be no need for you to accompany us, Arthur."

We stood up and went inside the burrow in silence. He must've known that we were going to drop out of Hogwarts. We went to the sitting room as he sat in the arm chair while the four of us squeezed onto the sofa.

"I have some questions for the four of you, and I think it will be best if we do it individually. If you three can wait upstairs, I will start with Ronald."