(22) Present

(22) Present: 2012

Watching my grand-creator licking the blood of my creator was very unsettling. I wasn’t sure what to do. Fight or flight? I looked down at my creator with worried eyes as he was staining the carpet with his blood. Before I could react fully, the nut job lunged at me with the knife, but was thrown across the room before she could reach me. When she smacked into the wall, I immediately threw myself behind the now standing Xavier, my instinct to hide behind my creator kicked in. He had always taught me to never fight, but let him take care of it. Although that sounds sweet, it was more troubling considering it would be fantastic if I knew how to defend myself properly.

She was still weak and blood thirsty, so she had difficulty getting back to her feet. When she did, Xavier grabbed her tightly and amazingly managed to get her into the spare bedroom and locked the door, (he had flipped the door knob around sometime last night.) The crazy woman was locked in the room, thirsting for just a tiny bit of blood. Xavier stumbled a bit as he came back into the living room, his hand over his stomach. He saved me and I now felt the need to repay him.

“How bad did she get you?” I asked while trying to see the wound.

“It feels bad, so I’m guessing bad…?”

I began to unbutton his shirt to search. My fingers brushed near the wound, feeling the cold blood. “Do you have some human blood around here? You should drink that…”

“No, I couldn’t bring any near El because it’d make her too strong. Look what she has done already with just a little pig blood.”

“What do you want me to do?” I looked up at him with panicked eyes. I’m not sure what would happen if a vampire bled out their own blood. All I knew was that it had to be painful, but probably not cause permanent death.

“In my bag there should be an old t-shirt. Rip it up and tie it around me to at least keep me from staining anything else…”

I did as he said and managed to tie around him very professionally. “Do you need blood? I can find some blood banks around here or whatever blood is found…”

“I’ll be fine. Thank you, though.” His eyes were filled with a familiar look. Even though I could tell what he was wanting by just his eyes, I didn’t move from where I was.

“Thank you for saving from her,” I murmured while he inched his way closer to me.

“My pleasure.” His voice was so alluring at that moment that I completely forgot every rule I had set between us. This seemed to happen often with us.

He brushed my hair aside and gently pressed his lips against mine, so soft that I barely felt them. His other hand pressed into my thigh as he climbed on top of me. I brushed my lips over his while replaying the scene, where he had saved me earlier, in my head. He saved me when he was injured, and he didn’t have to. I wrapped my right leg around his waist while he gripped the skin of my hip and moved his lips much more quickly on mine.

“If I had known that saving you was all it took…” Xavier began try to remove my top as he spoke, making a huge mistake by speaking.

I couldn’t believe what he had just said. I never felt so cheap in my life. And here I thought that he saved me out of kindness, but he wanted me in bed? That’s what it sounded like to me. “Jerk!” I hissed, my finger poking him in his wound while squirming away from him. “How dare you!” I jabbed him again before fixing my clothes.

He groaned and held his side. “How dare me? All I did was state a fact. I saved your life, and suddenly you wanted in my pants.” He smirked.