(3) Past

(3) Past: 1920

I sat up slowly, unaware of my surroundings. My head ached, my body felt chilly, my dress was torn. The room was entirely dark, without even a hint of light. My body was stiff and my hair wild from the feel of it.

“Hello?” I croaked.

The door opened, blinding me with light for a moment until I saw his face.

“Get away from me!” I screeched, throwing the nearest object, an ashtray, towards him.

The object would have hit him right in the nose if he hadn’t of caught it in time. I stared in shock as he tossed the thing aside and it shattered to pieces in the corner. His hair wasn’t slicked back like it had been before; it was messier—though he still wore the same suit.

“Are you thirsty, Lucy?” he asked, his eyes roaming over me in a very uncomfortable way.

“Get me out of here!” I stomped my foot, nearly breaking the heel of my shoes.

“Lucy?!” cried a voice that was easy to detect.

“Gina?” I looked behind Xavier, my eyes watering up as I search for my friend desperately.

Xavier stepped aside to let me through and I flew out of the room and into what looked to be a simple living room. Gina sat in a rocking chair, her hands gripping onto the armrests of it. She wore the same clothes as the night I saw her. My head throbbed as I got closer to her and my throat ached painfully.

“Gina, we have to get out of here,” I breathed, my eyes on Xavier, who was in the bedroom.

Her eyes widened slightly. “I can’t move. He told me not to move.”

“We’ll die if we stay.”

“You don’t understand! I can’t move! My body is stuck this way.”

I stared at her for a moment as I processed what she said. Xavier suddenly was behind me, his eyes on me. My first instinct was to flee, yet I couldn’t just leave my friend here. I looked up at Xavier. “Please, just let her go,” I whispered.

He shook his head slowly.

“If you let her go, you can keep me!”

“Lucy, no!” Gina cried.

“Deal,” he breathed, a smile forming on his lips.

He took a step towards Gina. “You may stand up now,” he murmured, and she stood.

In a quick movement, he was suddenly biting violently into her neck and then yanked away from her with blood dripping down his lips. “Don’t move,” he told Gina and she clenched the wound and cried out in pain.

He was in my face then, blood still dripping down his lips. “Would you like a taste?” he asked, bending down closer to me.

“No! Let her go!” I leaped back, but he grabbed my arm and yanked my body into his and pressed his wet lips to mine.

I screamed against his lips and tried to shove against him. The moment the taste of blood touched my tongue, it was like receiving water after a week without it. The monster inside of me took over and I grabbed the back of his neck, forcing him closer to taste more of the glorious taste of blood.

My tongue went over his lips as I tried to get every drop of it. I couldn’t control myself. He, however, seemed to enjoy it. After I had gotten every drop from his lips, he pulled away and walked towards Gina. His finger brushed over her neck wound, causing blood to drip down his finger. “You may go now, Gina,” he told her, his eyes flashing to mine and then to the blood on her neck.