(25) Present

(25) Present: 2012

I never felt so crappy…ever. I woke up, bandaged my hand, got blood, and drank vodka straight from the bottle. It wasn’t even half way through the night when I realized how pathetic I was being. I was free, so I was going to do everything I couldn’t when Xavier was there. So I stole some things from a local shopping mall—that was closed at the time—and put on a very formfitting red dress that was low-cut, short, and matched my hair. I put on some lacy underwear, high heeled black shoes, and some bright red lipstick.

My appearance was almost hooker like, yet I was proud to be wearing it. When I drank all of the vodka, I headed to the local bar to find me a one night stand. I admit, it was terrifying to think of being with another man. I’ve never done it before. I took a seat at the bar and asked for a martini just like in the movies. It was pathetic how nervous and very un-vampire I was being. Vampires are brave, daring, sexy, and dangerous.

“Can I buy you a drink?” a man asked after I was there over an hour.

I did a one over and saw that he was pretty young. Buzz cut hair, freckles over his nose, bright blue eyes. This was hardly a man, but I wasn’t picky. Heck, Xavier was probably banging his creator by now, just like he told me he would. “I would love that,” I told him as seductively as I could.

He grinned and ordered us drinks. “My name is Steven by the way.”

I took a gulp of my drink and stuck out my hand. “I’m Lucy.”

“You have no idea how much of a pleasure it is to meet you, Lucy.”

“I might later…” I smiled almost wickedly.

He turned bright red and ordered another drink. I was being easy, I admit it, but I didn’t care. We went from drink number three to dancing. He was all hands as we danced, making comments that I was a fantastic dancer. Of course, that only brought more memories back. I thought of when Xavier put his hands on my waist and taught me different dances in a small living room in the twenties. He was patient and made lots of comments about my hips while listening to the music.

“You must be new to this bar,” Steven commented as we took a seat.

I smiled, again. “Why would you say that?”

“I’m a regular, and I definitely would have noticed you.”

All we spoke were very cheesy lines that made me want to gag. Maybe I was comparing it to my first time, when it was just bam! I guess I was in the hit it and quit it mood.

“This may be kind of forward of me, but would you like to come to my hotel room?” I asked when he began to talk about his classes at college.

His eyes widened in surprise. “Err, I-I don’t know…”

“It’s okay if you don’t…”

“No, I do!” he said a bit too loudly.

“Well, let’s go.”

We entered my hotel room with a bit of awkwardness. I had no clue how this was supposed to go. Do I just go at it or talk? Oh please, no talking… I wanted one thing right now, was it too much to ask for? I wanted to do something wild and spontaneous without any thought!

“Is there any wine here?” he asked, not even looking me in the eye.

Wine? Seriously? We had enough drinks in us to fill a wine bottle. Hell, it didn’t even take a glass of wine for Xavier— I shook that thought from my head. That name is dirt to me.