Chapter 39 Epilogue

I AM SO SORRY! I was going to update earlier today, but I haven't been able to get on Wattpad at all! Once again, so sorry!
This is the last chapter I will be posting! It feels kind of incomplete to me... but besides that, I THINK it wrapped up okay?

Chapter 39

Epilogue.

Dakoda

            “Congratulations.” Savannah, a member of my new pack spoke. “It’s good that you are adjusting to your new position in the pack well.” Smiling, while shaking her hand politely, I replied.

“Thank you very much. I have to admit, it was strange at first, but after a while you get used to it.” The beat of the music seeped into my bones, causing a musical thrum in my veins, but even then, I didn’t walk away from Savannah as she continued to talk.

“I can only imagine.” She chuckled shaking her head to herself in wonderment. “It must’ve been a big change, since you had been human and all.”

“It wasn’t as hard as you’d think.” Shrugging casually, my eyes searched the crowd for a familiar face.

“How is your painting coming along?” The woman continued to question me, beckoning to one of the paintings on the wall. I had been able to get my painting supplies from my dad’s a couple weeks ago, with all the pictures intact, along with my money. Now, the drawings I had been working on were hanging around various parts of the pack house, giving life to the walls that used to hold so much sadness.

“It’s coming along wonderfully.” My smiling continued for another few moments. “Would you excuse me for a moment? I have someone I need to talk to.” Savannah gave her consent, and I wandered away. My eyes found who I was seeking. After a few moments of weaving my way through the crowd, my goal was reached as they approached me, noticing my attempt to reach them.

“Is there a problem Dakoda?” Saxon asked me, gray eyes glittering in concern as he abandoned the group of giggling, flirting girls. Shaking my head with another smile, I gave him a quick hug.

“No. I just haven’t seen you since you became Beta and all. Why the hell did you become so responsible all the sudden?” Teasing him, I bumped his shoulder.

“Sor-ree.” He muttered to me. “It’s been harder than I originally thought, getting the pack back on track.” Snorting, he shook his head with a slight chuckle.

“I know.” I agreed, shaking my head as well. It was crazy how much the previous alpha had screwed up the packs... everything, really. “Well, if you see the alpha, tell him I’m upstairs. I promised myself I would do something, but I haven’t yet.” He chuckled.

“Okay. Can do ma’am.”

“Thanks Sax, you’re a life-saver. I don’t think I’ll ever find him in this crowd.”

It was the pack party, at the pack house. Everyone was here so they could meet the new and improved ‘government’ we had. In other words, the Alpha, Beta, and so forth. Currently, the whole house was thrumming with the buzz of conversation, playful pups, rowdy teens, and beating music.

Making my way back through the crowd, I made my way upstairs, which was definitely a lot quieter than the downstairs. Opening my bedroom door, I slipped the new phone out of the pocket that had been built into my dress, sitting on the bed.

“Hey, no breaks ya’ slacker.” Someone’s jesting tone came from the doorway which had opened, revealing the alpha. Smiling at him, I stood back up, meeting him as he came into the room completely, shutting the door after him. Wrapping my arms around his neck, our lips met in a passionate kiss that caused my toes to curl into the converse I had been wearing.

Yes. I was wearing converse. At a party. In a dress.

“I love you.” I whispered to him, my fingers tracing the ugly scar that puckered his neck from the fight he had almost died in. It had taken lifesaving surgery, super wolf healing, and lots, and lots of sleepless nights for the wound to heal.

“I love you too.” Marc murmured back, pecking my lips again. “Coming back down anytime soon?” Smiling against my lips, he rested his hands on my waist.

“Of course.” I told him. “I just need to make a call first.” His eyes shadowed with knowledge.

“Do you want me to be here?” He asked, worry streaking his words.

“No. I can make the call by myself.” Reassuring him, I moved away, back to the bed of where my phone still rested with the number written on a piece of paper next to it.

“Ok. I’ll meet you downstairs.”

“Ok.” I agreed, smiling again as he left me alone in the room. My eyes scanned the paper while I quickly punched in the number, my nervousness fluttering in my chest. The phone rang a few times, while I just muttered, “Come on. Pick up, pick up, pick up,” To myself.

“Hello?” A voice picked up on the other line, causing my breath to catch. The words caught in my throat for a moment, causing a brief hesitation. “Hello? Who is this?” The voice repeated, sounding achingly familiar, but at the same time it was owned by a complete stranger.

“Hey mom... it’s me...Dakoda.”

~ Thank you so much for reading this whole book! You are awesome! I'm trying to get the sequel onto paper right now and I need your help on choosing the title. Vote by commenting your favorite, please? 1) Another Day I've Conquered. 2) Another Day Another Challenge. 3) Another Day Another Problem. Please vote for your favorite title, or submit your own to the 'contest'!
Also, I want to thank anyone who has voted, fanned, or added this story to their library!
Please, honestly tell me what you think about the whole story, where it was good, and where it was bad, so I can improve! I'll edit ADIP as soon as I can!
~Vote~
~I would LOVE for you to comment!~