Chapter 29

~ Hey guys! 114 votes! You guys are super amazing, you know that?!
Hope you like the chapter!

Chapter 29

Dakoda

            “Everyone’s downstairs.” Cayden assured me, entering the room for a moment. In the brief moment he had exited, there was a sad aura that he acquired. “Do whatever you girls do to get ready.” He waved his hand nonchalantly, disappearing from the room once more. Letting out a sigh of relief, I turned to Liza. She was digging through the drawers in Marc’s dresser. She threw a shirt at me, a band-tee that was labeled My Chemical Romance, and so I caught it reflexively.

            “Why are you-?” My throat was still dry, causing a rasping tone.

            “Well um, I actually didn’t grab any of your shirts when I was at your house because they all had some sort of hole in them.” She mumbled. “I’m sure Marc won’t mind if you borrow one of his shirts until I take you shopping.” My mind was numb.

            “Pants?” My hands were trembling, but I was trying to keep cool. There was no way she was serious. My clothes would be better than Marc’s! She seriously wanted me to wear his shirt, after his actions just put me through that?! What was wrong with werewolves?

Well, just think about every flaw you have inherited in the past five minutes.

‘Not in the mood, Luna.’

Sorry.

            Liza brightened up, when she realized I wouldn’t yell at her for not bringing any of my shirts.

            “In the drier. I’ll bring them up when they’re done.” She told me. Grabbing my arm, she pulled me out of the room, down the hall, and to the bathroom. “Shower in here. Towels are in the cupboard.” She informed me. She shut the bathroom door, and her feet padded down the hallway. Stripping and getting into the shower, I winced at my stiff muscles. Shifting hurt.

It will get easier.

‘Why would I do that again?’

Well…you are a werewolf Dakoda.

‘Please, don’t remind me.’ The words echoed around my head in a miserable manner.

Luna whined, sounding disappointed.

            Massaging my sore shoulders, my breath puffed out in a pained sigh. What was I supposed to do now? Would I have to join Marc’s…pack? Would people even accept me? Would my next Shift be as painful as my first? Would I ever have the guts to actually Shift again?

Dakoda, stop. You are giving me a headache. Luna whimpered, sounding annoyed and terrified. Of course the pack will accept us. I told you, it gets easier. You better Shift again, I will not stay caged up in here for the rest of my life, or I will personally drive you crazy.

‘Well, please excuse my optimism.’ I retorted sarcastically. Luna huffed, pacing the newfound cage in my head, bristling slightly. It was obvious to me she was trying to keep her calm. My Empathic abilities seemed to be in full swing, even sharper than before.

The nozzle that turned the water on and off squeaked when it shut off. I stepped into the air around me, surprised to find that I was cold and shivering.

‘Why am I so cold now?’ I wondered to Luna, while slipping Marc’s shirt over my head. Her ears perked up, the black tipped one twitching in amusement, while her tail held a slight wag.