Chapter 2

~Edited 6/17/12~

Chapter 2

Marc

Chapter 2

Marc

            Letting out a loud whoop, I grabbed onto the handle of the car door, Dan grabbing onto the car handle ahead of me, and Saxon grabbed onto the bed of the truck.

            "Hold on boys!" Saxon's dad, Trace called through his cracked window before slamming onto the accelerator. My skateboard's wheels rolled on the pavement with loud whines as the truck picked up speed, dragging us on the street. Some wide-eyed freshman watched us go and I grinned as adrenaline rushed through my veins. Trace made a sharp turn and Saxon laughed in exuberance.

We may have only done this once or twice… this month. It still surprised me that we hadn’t been caught by the police yet.

            "Now!" Trace shouted and Saxon, Dan, and I let go of his truck, speeding down our street due to the speed given from the vehicle. Trace took a sharp turn into his driveway, the tires squealing in protest. Laughing loudly as I raised my arms.

            "Ha, ha. Yea!" I yelled, speeding over the road's pavement. Saxon and Dan were beside me, both holding their own grins. We made it to the corner of our block when I stopped, pivoting my board. Some girls were watching us with wide-eyed expressions and I wiggled my eyebrows at them, causing them to erupt into giggles.

Yea, I was pretty sexy if I do say so, myself.

 Speeding back towards Trace, I leapt onto the sidewalk, abandoning my board for a moment at the curb while I ran up to the truck, laughing slightly. Trace was leaning against the truck with a grin etched on his skin, his young, grey eyes sparkling in laughter. He was probably one of the coolest guys ever. Just had to point that out. "Man, each time that gets more fun." I commented. Trace snorted.

            "Yea, well don't tell your mom I'm still doing this, she'll have my hide." I snickered and Saxon and Dan finally caught up with me, rolling into the driveway. My mom had already yelled at all of us last month when she caught us using the truck as an accelerator for our skateboard. Eh, she wouldn’t stop us even if she caught us again. Both Saxon and Dan stepped off their boards, slamming their feet on the tails so the boards shot upward, allowing them to catch the nose in their hands.

            "So," Saxon asked casually, shoving his free hand into his pocket. "Who wants to go again?" He grinned. Trace rolled his eyes, leaning against his rusted red truck.

            "Once is enough for today." He shook his head. "You boys are going to get me into trouble one of these days."

            "What else are we here for?" I asked, leaning against the door. Trace's eyes narrowed as if telling me what I already knew. A scowl touched my face for a moment, but it cleared away. No one needed to know when I was pissed unless I wanted them too. Saxon grew tense beside me, feeling the electricity crackle in the atmosphere.

"You guys should seriously pull up your pants." Saxon's sister, Tammy flounced beside us, skipping towards the door and breaking through the tense air. Trace must've picked her up from school early.

Saxon rolled his eyes.

"Pants on the ground." I started sarcastically, sending a challenging glare in Tammy's direction.

"Pants on the ground." Dan picked up the song.

"Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground." Saxon finished triumphantly. Tammy scowled, her ten year old face pinching up.