Chapter 30

~ 126 votes! You guys are amazing! Thank you so much!

Chapter 30

Dakoda

Yes! I knew it! Luna barked in my head rapidly, chasing her tail in an excited circle.

‘No!’ I screamed internally. Marc’s eyes were searching mine for an answer, any response. There was no way. He couldn’t be. We couldn’t be. It was all making sense though. His sudden interest in me. His refusal to leave me alone. Why he wanted to talk to me all the time. Why he had tried to kiss me so soon. Why he had wanted to know what was wrong. Why he had been in my room the night I had nightmares. The electricity that ran through our physical contact.

            “No.” My voice was firm yet it was still a mere sound. Marc flinched as if my voice had been shouted into his ear, pain and astonishment tensing the air around us.

            “Dakoda, I’m serious, ask anyone, it’s one of the first things we learn-”

            “You didn’t tell me that werewolf blood would do more than just heal me. You Turned me without asking permission. I already know you won’t let me go home. Now you expect me to okay all this, just because I’m supposedly your god dammed mate?!” I screeched at the end. “Are you serious, Marc?! What on Earth ever possessed you- Why would you even think – You insufferable, idiotic, wolf!”

            “Dakoda-” He tried to calm me down, grabbing one of my flailing arms.

            “Don’t touch me!” I yelled at him, yanking my arm from his grasp.

            “Dakoda please-”

            “Leave! Me! Alone!” It didn’t matter everyone else could probably hear me. It didn’t matter if Marc was wincing as if each word was a knife in his heart. It didn’t matter.

Dakoda, be nicer-

‘Don’t.’

Honey, just let him explain-

‘Luna!’

            Spinning around, I raced from the kitchen, running to the stairs, in speeds faster than I had ever run before.

            “Dakoda!” Marc called after me.

            “I’ll take care of it.” Someone murmured. Flying up the steps, I ran to Marc’s room, slamming the door. Someone caught it with their hands a moment before it clanged shut.

            “Dakoda-” It was Cayden. He walked into the room, closing the door behind him. I sat on Marc’s bed Indian style, hugging my arms around myself.

Shh, it is okay, Luna soothed.

            “Dakoda, we need to talk.”

“About what?” Any refusal to speak was swallowed. It would be wrong to kick Cayden out of the room just because of my anger towards Marc. That would be rude, and after all the screaming I had just done, it was probably best that someone talked to me.

“Me.” He smirked, but his eyes were sad, an air of depression tinting the air around him. Snorting and leaning back on the bad, my nose filled itself with Marc’s scent. I hated that it smelt so…so…

Mouthwatering? Luna suggested.

‘No.’ I objected surly, crossing my arms over my chest. No way would I admit it really was.