Chapter 20

~ How's everyone doing with that challange?? Huuuuh??(;

Thanks for reading this far, hope you enjoy the chapter!

66 votes... mhmmm.... think we could get that to 70??? mhmmm?? Could we? ;D

You guys are great!

  Chapter 20

Marc

  The buzz of conversation was nearly overwhelming, too loud for my ears, but I didn't let that stop me as I stood, waiting for everyone to finish arriving at my house. It was a pack meeting, only for all the werewolves who were still being schooled. The meant no parents were present, not even Trace, who normally showed up to the meetings so we didn’t do anything stupid, like, burn the house down.

That’s something you only let happen once.

            "Everyone's here." Saxon slipped to my right side, murmuring slightly. He was standing next to me the way a Beta would their alpha, something I hoped would happen soon. I nodded in response, my eyes scanning my packed living room. The couch's occupants had squeezed together, while a few of my other pack mates sat on the floor. Most of them were leaning against the wall. A few of the people who were mated had their arms wrapped around each other, leaving minimal amounts of space between them. With a pang of envy, I thought of Dakoda.

The ages of wolves ranged from face to face. Some were eighteen, while others were ten. Some were even younger. In this pack, we grew up fast enough to understand our politics in the pack by the time we were five.

Within the next few minutes, everyone began to calm down and quiet, the gazes turning to me expectantly since I was the one holding the meeting. Taking a deep breath, exchanging a quick glance with Liza to my left, I began.

"As you know, the end of the school year is coming in the next couple months." Where else was I supposed to start? A few of the wolves exchanged grins, nodding to each other, while others chuckled to themselves. At the end of every school year, we had a huge party for the whole pack, and each one tended to get crazier than the last. "And so is my chance to challenge the alpha." The smiles fell from faces, the excited murmurs ceased, and all eyes zeroed in on me. This was what I had been raised for; to challenge my father. Everyone knew that. Hell, I'm sure my dad even knew what was going on.  "I'm going to take that chance." My voice was low and calm, an almost eerie growl in the room. There was some nodding.

No objections.

No gasps of surprise.

No questioning.

            They all had been expecting it. They all had known it was coming. They all were ready for change, but none were able enough to fight off my dad.

            "And I plan on winning." I continued.

More nodding.

            "But before I do, I need your support. I will not lead a pack, who doesn't back me up more than they don't like me, and I know I haven't exactly made friends with all of you." I grinned while a few people snickered and chuckled among themselves. "I probably fight with more of you then I actually get along with, but I'm not asking who likes me. I'm asking, who trusts me to lead this pack…our pack?"

The silence was deafening. Slowly, one hand rose in the small crowd. A second followed suit. Within the next few moments, ever single hand in the room was raised, except for one.