Chapter 13

~ Thanks for voting, fannning, and adding to libraries(: This so far was one of my more favorite chapters to write, more so in the beginning. Enjoy!

Chapter 13

Marc

            My pencil tapped impatiently on the desk as I stared at the clock, willing it to go faster. My knee was bouncing in rhythm and I listened to the scratching of pencils on paper. I was in one of the worst classes for school, one for all the 'bad kids' and wasn't exactly very good with doing the work for even this class. I honestly just hated school. A few of the other kids were scratching notes on their papers or just sketching, but I was doing neither. Why should any of us even do the work? It's not like we were planning on going to college. I knew Jason Bradford who sat in the front of the room was a druggie and planned on selling drugs for the rest of his life. Joseph Parker had already gone to jail once and planned to break his probation and go back. Neal Sanders was going to enlist in the army. Marie Presh was a prostitute. I could continue to go on about the messed up kids in my class.

I was here because I didn't care. I didn't do my work. I got into fights. I almost got caught selling drugs once (my mom was really tight on cash at the time and I didn't actually do any of the drugs. Not that it stopped Trace from grounding me for three months).

            "Mr. Czarnecki, could you at least pretend to take notes like the other students?" The boring drawl of Mr. Roberts came to me. All eyes turned to me and I looked to the old teacher with a bored expression.

            "Why what would the fun in that be?" I asked in a sigh, wishing class would be over already. I wanted to get to my gym class so Liza could tell me how things went with her trying to befriend Dakoda so far. I hadn't known they had classes together. Of course I had hardly even realized Dakoda had gone to my school… but that was beside the point. The point was Liza's plan was being set in motion.

            "The fun of getting something other than an F, of which is a reminder of your constant failure, Mr. Czarnecki." The drawl continued and I rolled my eyes, feeling a flash of anger course through me. Leaning back in my seat, I stopped tapping the pencil, letting a smirk twist my face.

            "See, that's where you're wrong, Mr. Roberts." I shook my head. "F does not stand for my failure, but rather my endless amount of fun." I saw my teacher clench his jaw. "Instead of getting B's on my homework, which stand for boring in my book, I'm out having fun, which happens to be F's in the schooling world. Apparently these things we call teachers have no lives of their own, so they must make sure children have none either, due to the creation of their jealous punches known as homework."

I had said worse

            "Principal's office, Mr. Czarnecki. Go." He ordered. Mr. Roberts low tolerance of B.S, well, people in general actually, is why he was the teacher for the ‘bad’ kids. I snorted, shaking my head, but I got up anyway and he watched me go calling, "I'll call the office to make sure you're there!" I flipped him off and snickers erupted in the glass as a strangled noise came from Mr. Roberts's general direction. I took my time down the hallway, walking slow so I wouldn't have to deal with Mr. Hopkins, my principle for too long. He had better things to do rather than deal with me, again. I got to the office and the secretary looked up at me with a sigh and a shake of her head.

            "Morning Miss. Patty. How are you today?" I asked with a sarcastic smile. She smiled back, but her eyes were steely.

            "I'm fine Mr. Czarnecki, and you?" She was only being polite.