Chapter 9

GALE'S POV

~after school~

"Hey Gale" Marc says, smiling widely at me.

"You actually came!" James says running towards me.

"Yeah I did" I say.

James dad walks towards me, "dad this is the boy I was talking about!" James says to his father.

R

Matt walks over to me with a smile on his face "you trying out?" he asks. "Yeah" I reply, "Coach I'll show him the locker room" Matt says. I follow him, past the toilets and into the locker rooms. Matt opens a locker "put your bag in here and get a team jersey shirt from over there" he points to a basket in the corner of the room.

Matt grabs two shirts "Which one? Shirt number 8 or 17?" he asks. I start laughing, "17 thanks" I say "why are you laughing?" he asks. "My birthday is on the 17th" I say. "Oh" he says confused.

I take my shirt off and dump my bag into the locker. I walk out with him and I spot Regan on the field practicing her cheerleading. I walk on the field to the coach "um run 3 laps to warm up" the coach says. I run around my 1st lap, I pass Regan, she waves at me. I wave back. I keep on running till I finish my 3 laps.

I run back to coach Corrino, "so coach what do I do next?" I ask trying to catch my breath. "James, Matt come here!" he yells, they run down to us. "Show Gale what to do" he says. Matt throws the ball towards me and I throw it back, he throws it to James, and James throws it to me. We keep doing that for half an hour with other people on the team.

When we finish James walks over to the coach and they start talking. The coach calls me over to him, "About your play today, I watched you and your pretty good! I'd love to have you on my team" he says with a smile on his face.

"Cool thank you so much, but I have baseball practice too so I need to know when the training is. I say worried now. "It's all cool I'll deal with that and my son will tell you when practice is. "Alright coach thanks again".

I walk over to my locker and change back into my 360 shirt, I walk back with Matt. "So did you go through?" he asks "yeah" I say smiling, he nudges me in the arm "cool bro" he says smiling back at me.

We reach Matt's house. We start wrestling on the couch, Alice walks down the stairs "uh hem" she ties to get our attention. I gaze at her sinking every detail from head to toe. She shakes her head and walks towards the kitchen. I follow her wanting to ask her why she got suspended.

"What's your problem?" she yells.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I ask confused.

She sighs and walks away. I follow her up the stairs "where are you going?" Matt asks. "Oh just stalking your sister" I reply with a wink. I knock on her door, she turns around "what do you want?" she says irritated. I smirk at her just to impress her, but it never worked!

I walk over to the bed. "What do you want?" she yells.

What did I do? Why are you angry with me?" I ask pouting.

"I'm not" she says and turns back to her work.

"Need help?" I ask with a smirk, she nods and moves from the seat. I stare at the page for a moment and start writing.

I finish at 6pm, Matt walks in and starts to croon "Alice and Gale siting in the tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G". Alice starts to blush so I grab a pen from her pen stand and throw it on Matt. We start to wrestle on Alice's bed.

Her mum walks in and fusses about us hurting ourselves. Alice chuckles and try's to throw us out of her room.

~*~

She walks with me to my house. We walk up to my room and she asks me to play my guitar. She then asks me about my father. I couldn't answer I was choked up, "um my father died" I say. "I'll tell you another time, alright" I say.

I start to think of how I would always sit in the hospital in front of my dad. He didn't get cancer because he smoked or because he drank. He never smoked and was a lite drinker. Why did he have to get cancer, he never deserved it! Once my dad died my mum went into shock, so I had to take care of myself and Alexis. When my mum got better and she snapped out of her shock, I got into trouble with my school for stealing and vandalizing my school. But I had to steal money, I had to keep my sister and I fed. I got expelled twice, before moving into this house and this school.

I'm here to start a new life, start out fresh!

Alexis runs into my arms, her brown, curly hair puffing into my face. She runs back downstairs.

Alice walks up and heads towards the door, "where are you going?" I ask, not wanting her to leave. "Home" she says, I follow her out the door. GALE! GALE! Think of something she's leaving.... "Um please stay for dinner, don't leave" I say hoping she'll say yes! I pull her down to the kitchen where my mum and Alex is. "Mum can Alice please stay for dinner" I ask, before Alice tries to leave.

We have dinner in silence, till Alexis try's to introduce herself. It's all cool; till she says "Gale has a crush on you" I narrow my eyes to her. I can't believe she told her! I'm gonna kill her later! I feel someone squeeze my thigh, I look at Alice, and she shakes her head. I give her a faint smile; I haven't been more scared in my whole life! Mum walks over to us and collect's the plates. She whispers something in Alice's ear! Oh my gosh. What the hell seriously!

I watch as Alex jumps off her chair and gets her plate. She runs to the sink and throws it in the sink. She runs to the lounge room and flops on the sofa; she gets the remote and turns the TV on. I follow her, holding Alice's hand; I drag her and make her sit on the sofa. We start playing the Wii Sports until Alex falls asleep on the couch. Alice and I carry her to her room.

I walk Alice back to her house. We both stand outside her house. Think! Think! Need to make a move, and fast! I reach in for a kiss; I graze my lips against hers. She holds it there for a while; I reach in for a deeper kiss. She smiles against my lips so I move back to see her beautiful face, her big brown eyes gazing, burning into mine. She bites her lip, her juicy, full lips. She opens the door as I walk down the stairs. Our eyes still connected, I walk down the path. I can feel her eyes on me. I walk up the stairs and wave; she waves back and closes her door.

I walk up the stairs to my room. "Gale! Come here!" Alexis calls from her room, I walk into her room, watching her in her bed. "Gale... I'm sor-sorry, I didn't mean to tell her!" she says, worried whether I'm angry at her.

"It's alright" I say, still smiling from what just happened. "She kissed me! Thanks to you" I say, while kissing her head. She smiles, her eyes sparkling in the light. "I told you! I told you I would find a girl for you" she says, so full of herself. "Don't get ahead of yourself" I say, with an eyebrow raised. She shrugs and pushes me off her bed. "Goodnight" she says, yawning. I walk out of her room and into mine; I flop on my bed and throw the cover over me. I fall asleep thinking of Alice, Alice Parker!

Read.vote.fan.tell-friends:)