Chapter 2

Gale's P.O.V

“Today is going to be a big day”, mum says in a high pitch voice, which made me cringe. My little sister Alexis is now jumping up and down beside me. “Yay” she screams. This made me throw a pillow over my head and sigh.

 I hate it when we have to move. We have already moved three times since my dad died from cancer. Which changed the way I looked at the world, well the last two times we moved was because of me. I got expelled from school for stealing, swearing at the teachers and starting a bash up with my friends.

While I’m having breakfast this massive truck parks in front of our house, I guess it’s the people that are taking our stuff to the other house. I hear my sister running down the hallway to my mum screaming “they're here, they’re here”. My mum walks down the hallway and opens the front door. I hear her mumble a few things and then points to a room to clean up.

My mum comes and kisses me on my forehead and whispers “you’ll be fine”. I wonder why she said that and then realise that I'm crying. I turn to her and see her smile at me; I smile back and wipe my tears.

I go to my room and throw my clothes into the boxes set aside for my stuff. I rummage through my stuff, till I find a picture of my dad and me playing baseball. I feel tears rolling down my eyes again but I don’t wipe them I let then fall onto my clothes.  My sister comes into my room and screams “are you ready” I rush to wipe my tears and turn around,

“Nearly” I say

“Ok” she says

She looks at what I'm holding in my hand. I try to hide it behind my back, but I’m too late, she has already seen.

“Do you miss him” she asks.

I shake my head and hold my hands out, while she runs into them. I feel warm water dripping down my arms and see that she is crying too. I squeeze her tighter, till she laughs.

“What” I say.

“You’re tickling me” she giggles.

We both laugh really loudly till mum tells us to hurry up. She helps me pack my things. I watch as her small, little hands fold my clothes, she’s wearing a colourful skirt and a white t-shirt that has a little pink heart in the middle. She has a small colourful clip in her dark curly hair that bounces, every time she moves, her shoes are scarlet with bows at the corner. She has rich brown eyes, with flecks of gold. She has olive skin and a cute button nose.

 When we finish packing we throw our things in the car and drive off. I’ve haven’t seen the house before, so I’m kind of nervous. Are the neighbours nice? Do they have baseball as a sport in this new school? I don’t know, what am I supposed to do, I’ve left my old friends behind. I’ve left my girlfriend Sammy behind. Will she wait for me, once I turn 18, so we can be together? Or will she find some else. I think about all these issues in my head, before I doze off.

“Wake up, sleepy head” My sister yells in my ears, which make me jump!

“What do you want” I yell back.

“Were reached” she says in a hyper voice.

“Ok” I say, still wanting to sleep.

“Go help mum, you idiot” She says in an annoyed tone.

“Fine” I say still sleepy.

I get out of the car and help mum who is struggling to pull my boxes out of the back.

Have you seen the house yet?” Mum asks.

“Do you want me to help you or what” I say in a pissed tone.