Chapter 8

GALE'S POV

I watch as Alice walks away from me. I rush to class since I have Maths and I haven't payed attention the last few lessons, when I walk in I see all the boys that are in my baseball team. "Hey Gale, are you coming to try out for football?" Marc asks "Nah I aren't good at playing" I reply

"It's worth a shot" James Corinno says "fine, when is it?" I ask "um tomorrow, I think" Marc says unsure "yeah it is tomorrow, at lunch time. I should know my father is the coach" James says, smiling to glory. "Show off" Marc yells, throwing a scrunched up paper towards his head.

Mr Howmen starts the lesson. "We are going to start with Advanced Area today, open your text book to page 176" he says with a smile. We hear some groans from the back of the class.

A few minutes later Mr Howmen comes towards me. "Can you please get my roll book from my pigeon hole in the office" he says "yeah, sure" I say while closing my textbook.

I walk past the football field so I take a long time to go back. I see Alice and Regan... They're fighting? I run to both of them and grab Alice off Regan. She tries to fight me but I don't let go. "Stop! Alice stop!" I yell. Coach Beast walks towards us, I let her down. The Coach starts yelling at Alice and Regan. They walk towards the office. I follow behind them and get the roll book from the pigeon hole.

While I walk back, I wonder why they were fighting. Mr Howmen asks me why I took so long. I explain the whole incident and start with the Maths work.

The bell rings and I walk to my locker. I walk out of the gate by myself, without Alice. It takes me 10-15 minutes to reach Alexis school. I wait for their school to be discharged. Alexis walks towards me with sleepy eyes "are you tired" I ask, taking her bag from her back "yeah" she yawns. I hug her and ask "do you want McDonalds?" "YES!" she squeals, licking her lips, like she's hungry.

We walk to the nearest bus stop. We wait till the bus comes. We enter the bus, "c-can I have a happy meal, pleeeease" she begs. "Yeah, of course you can" I say, brushing her brown tangle of hair with me fingers.

I let her press the "stop" button when we saw the McDonalds joint. She jumps off the bus, holding her bag in her hand.

We buy the happy meal and walk back to the bus stop. "Can we walk home?" Alexis says lips in a pout. "Sure, but it's a long way" I say "but I want to walk" she pouts again.

"Alright" I say, taking her bag from her back. While we walk she eats her fries. "Can I have one?" I ask, she hands me one and I put it in my mouth.

Once we reach home she kicks of her shoes and runs into the lounge, "take your jacket off" I sigh, she gives me her jacket and I hang it on the rack.

"Alex! I'm upstairs if you need me" I yell while walking up the stairs. I head towards my room and change my clothes; I get out my books from my bag and place it on my desk. I look through my window; Alice is at her desk, probably doing her homework.

The sun is setting and I watch all the colours; pinkish, purple, orange around the sun. I get out my paints and portrait paper. I get my pink and purple paint and slash it on the paper; I get my red and paint a circle.

By the time I finish its 6:30pm. I walk down stairs where the light is on; "Alexis, please turn the TV volume down" I sigh. She gets the remote and pauses the game. "Can ya play pleaseee" she begs and tugs on my shirt. "Okay, okay but can I call Matt over?" she thinks about it and then nods. I run out the door and walk towards Matt's house. I knock on Matt's door "hey wassup?" he says with a smile. "You wanna play COD with me?" I ask "yeah sure why not!" he says and closes the door behind him.

"So how's your sister?" I ask "my sister... Well she's grounded and suspended...why?” he asks "oh I'm just wandering, that's all" I shrug.

We enter the house and flop on the couch. "HEY!" Alex yells, when I change the game to COD. "Please" I beg "fine!" she smiles, when I kiss her temple. We end up playing till 8pm. Mum walks into the living room "hey boys" she says in a happy tone. "Hey mum" I say. Alex runs to her and complains "they won't let me play!" she tugs on mums blouse, mum glances at the TV then says "because you’re not allowed to play this game...or watch it" she say while glaring at my direction "sorry mum" I say, still playing the game.

Matt has dinner in our house and then walks back to his. I run upstairs to Alexis' room and tuck her into bed. I sit on the edge of her bed and kiss her goodnight. "Do you think off him?" she asks, her little hands wrapping around my hands. I reply, knowing what she means about "him". "Yes I do think of him" I sigh. "Me too" she sighs as well. I kiss her again and walk out of her room.

I quickly case down the stairs, to the kitchen open the fridge and take out a bottled water and run back upstairs, I walk into my room and pull my shirt over my head. I flop on my bed and pull the doona over my body.

It doesn't take me long to doze off.

Read.vote.fan.tell-friends:)