12: What's the big issue here?

That was when Jeff started coughing. He turned to his side just in time to throw up blood all over the floor.

"What the fuck?" he said as he continued to cough.

Something, clearly, wasn't right. Was he sick? I panicked and grabbed for his cell phone on the table. I scrolled through his contacts and hovered on one name. He was the only person that could help. I pressed the green button and the phone started ringing.

Jeff just reduced himself to a ball on the floor. He was being incredibly helpful at that point in time. Then again, if I were coughing up blood, I probably wouldn't be thinking about anything else.

I tapped my foot as I waited for him to pick up. If there was one person that could tell me more about what was happening to Jeff, it would be his own father. The guy had been a werewolf for ages. I would assume that he knew something about losing powers and possible side effects of that.

Then again, calling him might not have helped at all.

"Jeffrey?"

"Mr. Seaberg?"

"Who is this?"

"Aimee."

There was a long pause, "What's wrong?"

"Come quick - I don't know what's happening."

The line went dead. I placed the phone back on the table. >Dammit, Jeff! Things were going so well for us and you had to screw it up. Then again, I'm usually the one that screws everything up.

I bent down and rubbed his back. He wasn't spewing anymore blood, thankfully, but his hair color wasn't the same as it had been five minutes ago. His dark curls were now poisoned with streaks of gray. His body looked worse for wear. It was almost like he had grown ten years older in less than five minutes.

It was impossible, right? I was just imagining things?

"Jeffrey," I whispered.

He continued to look away from me, "Aimee, what's happening to me?" his voice cracked. I didn't need to see his face to know that he was crying. I could tell by the droplets of water that fell into the puddle of blood that was underneath him. >Jeffrey, I don't even know what's wrong with you.

"I'm scared!" he shouted as he turned to look at me.

Blood ran from his lips down to his chin.

"It's going to be okay-"

"No, it's not. You and I both know that."

Just then, the door flew open. Jeff's father ran across the living room and stopped right in front of us.

"Jeff, you're not a wolf anymore," his dad said.

Jeff shook his head - no, he really wasn't a wolf anymore.

"Just as I suspected... I called your mother and she's on her way with something. What's happening is that, well, since you're not a werewolf anymore, your aging becomes natural again. Your body is playing a game of catchup. I'm guessing that you're probably about 50 years old now. We can try to reverse it, but I'm not sure it will work. I'm not a witch, unfortunately."

"How did you know all of that?" I said.

"My oldest brother had his wolf essence ripped away from his body when he was forty. He lasted only two hours before turning to dust."

"So, I'm going to turn to dust?" Jeff squeaked.

"No, that's pretty unlikely."

THe woman that I recognized as his mother ran past the open door and opened a small vial. She placed the tip of the vial to Jeff's lips and it passed through. He drank it down in a hurry.

And we waited for something to happen.

Nothing happened.

He doubled over again and hurled up more blood.

"Fuck," his father swore, "Alright, well, what if we just try to make you a wolf again."

"Once it's gone, it's gone," Jeff said.

"No," his father said, "If your mother cuts away a piece of my body and we put it on you, it should turn you bac-"

"No!" Jeff shouted.

"It's the only way."

"I won't let you do it. Let me die," Jeff said.

"Jeffrey Seaberg, you don't even know what you're saying!" I shouted.

Did he really just want to die? After all that we had been through? How could he be so selfish. That wasn't like the Jeff I fell in love with. Or, maybe Jeff wasn't being as selfish as I thought he was... maybe I was being the selfish one? That didn't make any sense though. I certainly wasn't selfish.

"I know damn well what I'm saying. I'm not losing another family member," he croaked.

"Jeff. We need to do it. I love you," his dad said through tears. I watched as he shifted into his wolf form. That's when his wife brought a knife down and slashed through part of his tail. He yelped but didn't move. Jeff's mother then picked up the small part of the tail she sliced off and placed it into Jeff's hand.

Suddenly, his hand began to glow and then, he was back to his old self again.

His eyes were back to the minty green color that they were when I had met him. The gray hair he once had was replaced with his regular dark curls. He looked more handsome than I remembered him being. How odd.

"Wow. That feels better," he said with a chuckle, "Thanks."

"Anything for you, kid," his father said as he shifted back into his human form. He wasn't bleeding anymore, oddly enough. It was like he had never hurt himself in the first place... Curious.

His father stood, dusting off his spotless trousers, "Alright, well, now that's solved, do you think you two could have a wedding? Why don't you just get married now? Tie the knot."

"What?" I shouted. He couldn't be serious. After all that, he was thinking about a wedding? Really?

Jeff chuckled, "Because we're doing this the proper way."

"Oh, really?" his father laughed, "Since when?"

"Shut up, Dad."

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

|| ©2014 Guitarfreak8810 || All Rights Reserved. ||