3: The Other Side

Hello again,

So i am just in the weirdest mood today. Guys have been complimenting my hair left and right and I'm really not sure why. It's kind of frustrating. Like, there's this one guy, who is kind of strange around me and I don't know if he has a crush on me or if he's just plain old weird. I don't think he's that weird because when he's talking with my friends, he's completely normal. It's just like around me, you know? Aside from venting, and you guys OBVIOUSLY do not CARE, here's a new chapter.

And... it's kind of short. I always think my chapters are short and then they turn out like 3-4 pages at least and I'm like. Ehhhh, that's not bad... anyways, here yah go, enjoy!

Thanks,

- Emma

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

Freddie sat down at the table, across from me. He slid my coffee over gently, so as not to spill it, and he stared at me with the dumbest smile on his face. Literally, I have not seen a smile that looked so stupid before that second.

"So," he vanquished the silence in the deserted campus cafe, "Why are you so tired? Out hooking up with random guys again?" he chuckled as he put the coffee mug to his lips.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course, I'm a huge slut."

"I knew it!" he exclaimed, "It all makes sense now!"

"Shut up, ass hole," I smirked at him while I gulped down my hot coffee. It seared my throat and tasted like garbage, but hey, if it would keep me awake enough to do my homework, then that would be fine with me!

He set his mug down and stuck a spoon in it, stirring the dark brown liquid. He was absolutely mesmerised by the swirling effect the silver spoon made inside of it. His eyes followed the spoon round and round.

"What?"

He looked up from his coffee and shrugged, "I don't know. But I am worried about you," he admitted as he went back to stirring his coffee.

"Hey," I leaned across the small table, putting my hand over his, "There's nothing to worry about, Freddie, okay? I'm fine. I just went through a really bad breakup and it doesn't help that I have to see him every day of my life."

"Who?"

I withdrew my hand from his, "I can't say. You'll judge me."

"I won't. I just want to know who the fuck this dumb ass is. You're gorgeous. Why would anyone dump you?"

"It wasn't him dumping me or me dumping him. We just grew distant, I guess," I choked as my mind flashed back to the funeral.

"That's avoiding the question, Honey Pot," he said with a smirk on his face, "Now tell me, really, who is he? I won't tell anyone, I swear. I just need to know."

"FINE," I heaved a sigh, "Jeff. That's his name."

"No last name?"

"You never specified."

The bell dinged, signaling that someone walked into the deserted coffee shop.

"Fine, Honey Pot," Freddie said mockingly, "If you tell me, then I'll more than gladly take you back to my place," he smirked and his eyes traveled away from my face. The smile on his face slightly faltered but his eyes returned again to mine, "And you know what? Why stop there? Let's go."

Suddenly, I was being dragged out of the coffee shop...

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα