Chapter 6 - The pain of the past

Luka-"hello marinette"
Mari-"hi luka, want to come in"
Luka-"sure"
Mari-"my parents are out rich now but I told them that a person from my class is coming over for a assignment"
Luka-"ok" with a confused look on his face
Mari-"what's wrong"
Luka-"well not to be a burden but where exactly do you live?"
Mari-"oh sorry" giggles "I live on top of the bakery, its my mum and dads"
After that they both start walking up the bakery stairs to her bedroom
Luka-"your bedroom is huge"
Mari-"please its not that big but I love it because it helps me think"
Luka notices a design of a dress, it was red with black ruffles and a slit down the right side
Luka-'fascinated' "did you design this?"
Mari-"um yeh, is it ok?"
Luka-"ok, this is amazing! I didn't know you designed"
Mari-"Yeh is sort of a dream of mine to be a famous designer"
Luka-"well when you are maybe we could work on something together"
Mari-"yeah that would be so cool"
Luka-"anyway about the project, what is it about"
Mari-"im not sure miss said she will email us"
Mari then goes on her computer and checks the email.
Mari-"so our assignment it to look up the..."
Luka-"what"
Mari-"I might ask miss bustier to change the project"
Luka-"why"
Mari-"you won't like it"
Mari then moved out the way so he could see it then luka reads it out loud:
Luka-"our assignment is to research Hillingtons High school fire" he seemed to go in a sad thoughts after that.
Mari-"luka?..."
Luka-"umm you can read on ahead im justice going to get a drink" he gives her a fake smile then goes down to her bakery"
Mari's pov:
He looked so sad, I wanted to comfort him but I know it will be to much. He asked me to read on And that is what ill do, I searched it up and it came up on the daily gazette and I read to myself.

Breaking news there has been a fire in Hillingtons high school, reports say that not many made it out alive as many of the doors were jammed, here is one of the students that made it out alive now.

They then showed a video of a boy laying in an ambulance, he had shaggy messed up hair with ash smudges on his face and burn marks on the back of his neck.
Reporter-"little boy what's your name?"
The little boy groaned in pain "my name is luka"

It then clicked to me that that was luka, my friend Luka, he looked so hurt. This was his actual school, I only thought that he would get upset by the idea of the fire.

Reporter-"how do you think the fire started "
Luka-'still in pain' "the fire... The fire.. THE FIRE!"
He shot up from the ambulance bed "WHERE IS LEVI, DID HE MAKE IT OUT, PLEASE FIND HIM, PLEASE FIND MY BEST FRIEND" tears rolled down his eyes and with that the video stopped.

A few tears fell down my eyes then I turned around to see luka standing there horrified. I stood up and hugged him as hard as I could, he was so tense but soon I felt him easing into it. I started crying my eyes out saying "im so sorry, im so sorry! I didn't know"
Luka-"its ok Mari, you couldn't have"
I released from the hug and checked his eyes they were about to overflow with tears.
"Luka you don't have to act brave"
Luka went back in for another hug and started crying his eyes out even more than me.
Luke-"its just that he was my best friend, he didn't... He didn't make it out" still crying
I started to stroke his hair to comfort him-he looked like he was in a lot of pain talking about this- then I noticed a burn scar on his neck and as he dug his jaw into my neck I kissed his scar, he stopped crying and looked up.
Luka-"why did you do that, you must be so ashamed to be friends with a freak like me, I would understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore"
"Of course I want to be your friend, you just share this experience with me makes me want to be your friend even more, and I only kissed your scar to show that weakness brings happiness"
Luka-"Mari..." He collapse on the floor and sits down dragging me with him "how can I ever repay you for your kindness?"
Mari-"lets start by finishing the assignment" I gave him an innocent smile and he smiled back nodding
No ones pov
They both finished the assignment just as Alya rang the doorbell. Marinette ran down to get it and as she left she swore she heard luka say something.
Luka-"man i love this girl"
Mari-"what was that"
Luka-"oh nothing just talking to myself"
Mari-"ok"
As she was going down the stairs the bell persistently rang.
Mari-"ok you know Alya the door is open"
Alya, Adrian and Felix came rushing as Mari slipped down the stairs, she was bracing for impact then she felt warmth around her and looked up to non other than Felix Agreste.
Mari-"oh um thank you Felix, that fall could have been nasty"
Felix-"oh you're welcome milady" he winked and Mari just laughed.
Adrian-"so when is Luka?"
Mari-"oh he is in my room waiting for you guys"
Alya-"ooo Mari that's the third guy that has ever been in your room, Nino and Adrien being the other two"
Mari-"shut up Alya"
They all head upstairs
Everyone-"hi luka"
Luka-"hi everyone, where is Nino?"
Alya-"oh he is sick today but I think he will be better tomorrow"
Luka-"oh ok well I hope he feels better"
Adrian-"it looks like you guys just finished the project, it wasn't that hard what were you guys doing?"
Mari and luka-"nothing"
Alya-"Mari I didn't know the project was to make out with your partner"
Mari-"what are you talking about"
Alya turned luka around to show everyone a pink kiss mark on his neck, Alya looked at luka
Alya-"care to explain"
Luka-"no not really"
Alya-"what above you Mari?"
Mari-"I must respect Luka's decision on not telling you"
Alya-"ok Mari but you know me, I will find out"
They both gulped in fear