( xvi ) PROPOSITION

WEAVING HER FINGERS TOGETHER anxiously, Victoria slowly followed Newt, Thomas and Minho into the Med-Jack's hut where Jeff and Clint were stood beside the bed which was holding up the mystery girl's body

WEAVING HER FINGERS TOGETHER anxiously, Victoria slowly followed Newt, Thomas and Minho into the Med-Jack's hut where Jeff and Clint were stood beside the bed which was holding up the mystery girl's body. Her coal hair was fanned across her face as her body was curled up onto her side.

"Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt fired questions over to the Med-Jack, needing answers ASAP. Jeff simply gave him a look of discouragement.

"Look man, I got my job the same way you did."

"Well do you recognise her?" The blonde's question caused Victoria to blink and follow the direction of his voice. It was aimed at Thomas, who hadn't been able to tear his eyes off the girl.

"No." He mumbled without looking up and Victoria almost scoffed at how obvious he was being.

"Really? Because she seemed to recognise you." Newt moved his gaze from the Greenie to the Runner and back down to the girl with folded arms.

"What about the note?" Thomas changed the focus to the strange crumpled piece of paper the girl came up in the Box with.

"We'll worry about the note later."

"I think we should worry about it now." Victoria blurted out, tracing her tongue across her lip. Her browns locked onto Newt's. The note read she's the last one ever, well what did that mean? She was the last Glader? And why another girl? What did all of this mean for them?

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment." He responded gently yet with authority.

"She's right, Newt. The Box isn't coming back up. How long do you think we can last?" Jeff questioned, staring at the Second-in-Command almost fearfully. Or at least very very worried.

"No ones said that," The sandy blonde's lips curved up briefly, nervously, not wanting there to be any panic. "Let's not jump to any conclusions. We just. . . We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody's gotta have some answers around here."

"Okay." Thomas hummed, turning and striding out of the hut.

"Well where are you going?" Newt and the others watched him leave.

"Back into the maze." He answered without hesitance, and Minho scurried out after him. Staring down at the unresponsive girl, Victoria clawed away at her mind, trying to find some kind of information on how they knew each other, and not just from the maze. It caused her a headache and her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose.

Feeling warmth cup her other hand, Newt instructed the Med-Jack's to keep an eye on the new girl before tugging the brunette out of the door. Stumbling into the Homestead, they found themselves in Victoria's room. Sitting on the bed, Newt patted the space beside him and she sat herself down.