( v ) STAY

"STOP!" Victoria screamed as her arms were clamped between two rough pairs of hands

"STOP!" Victoria screamed as her arms were clamped between two rough pairs of hands. Some sort of hospital type gown hung from her small frame and her chocolate curls were a mess behind her shoulders as she snapped her head in various directions frantically.

"Get off me!" Her throat burned but she didn't let that falter her cries. The grips around her only tightened, her feet kicking the air. As much as she wanted to use her power to protect herself, she felt too weak.

Blood was already staining the skin beneath her nostrils, and around her ears. Every part of her felt exhausted but she never gave in without a fight, "Let me go! Ava! Ava!" She screamed the woman's name who'd always controlled her. Punished her.

"Ava, please! I-I'm sorry!"

The men in long white jackets reached a metal door at the end of a lonely corridor. Scanning a badge, the locks clicked open to reveal the tiny, empty room which had caused Victoria to increasingly grow claustrophobic.

"No. . . No!"

The men threw the young girl to the ground, securing the door shut seconds before her fisted hands slammed against it forcefully. "Let me out!" Painful tears streamed down her cheeks, "L-Let me out!"

"Victoria," A hushed voice caused her to gasp and sit up in her bed. Her eyes were wide and her chest heaved. "Tori, hey, it's me," Newt placed his hand on her arm, "You're okay. Everything's okay. I'm here."

As her vision cleared, her hazel orbs locked onto his and she slowly calmed down, "I'm sorry," She exhaled deeply, "D-Did I wake you?"

"Yeah," His lips were pulled into a sincere smile, "But I don't mind."

Running a hand through her silky hair, Victoria sighed heavily and stared down at the thin blanket covering her legs. Newt could see the shakiness still present in her bones, the fear swimming in her eyes.

"Was it another memory?" The boy asked softly, his hand lacing itself into hers.

"Yeah."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He kept his voice quiet, remembering the rest of the Gladers were sleeping. Victoria partly wanted to be honest with the boy, but she felt like enough of a burden. She didn't need to go spewing out her traumas to him.

"No," She whispered with slumped shoulders, "You can go back to bed."

She watched as he nodded and rose from his crouched position. Her fingers itched with hesitance and one word crawled up her throat, "Wait!"

Newt froze in his step, glancing over his shoulder to look down at her. "S-Stay," She stammered pathetically, "Please?"

"Always," The sandy blonde replied, noticing her move across the bed to make room for him. She was already depriving him of sleep, she wasn't about to make him stay on the floor. And so he tucked himself into the small space beside her, burying his own legs beside hers under the blanket.