Chapter 9:

I ran.

I did it, he gave me the chance to run and I took it.  He thought he didn't have to worry about losing me, but believe me he did.

It's even darker now than it was, it's pitch black with moonlight shining through.

I'm not brave, and at this very moment I regret making this decision. But once I find a house with people actually inside, I'll be able to borrow their phone and call home!

So far their is absolutely no sign of human life, I feel like I've been walking for miles.

Every house I've passed is vacant and falling apart, except for one but I could still tell nobody has been there for who knows how long.

The only sound I heard was the light patter of my feet.

This is so scary, if only I had the option to run in the morning. I assume that's why Chris thought I wouldn't get far, because it was dark out.

Still, the only sign of light came from the moon, I could only hope for a car to pass by.

My feet were starting to get tired, just out of my luck, the drizzle of rain soon became a downpour leaving me soaked.

Boy do I wish I was home, nice and cozy in Chris's house..

Wait, no, nice and cozy in my house! I'm surely never going back there.

I slowed down just as I heard something I thought I might never hear again. A nearby car.

Only one problem, should I run towards it, with a chance they could help me. Or run away, with a chance it's someone else who would take me and do who knows what.

The car got closer, the headlights starting to be visible.

You know what I did? I went towards the car.

This s life or death, game on or game over.