Chapter 21:

We walked home solemnly, him muttering curse words as I kicked pebbles as a distraction from reality. Who knew walking out of my house for a walk could change the entirety of my life. What will my loved ones do when I get back, how will they react?

"Lex," Anthony spoke, breaking me out of my trance, "I think it's best that you tell the full truth. They'll probably get a year in prison and be put on parole for a couple years after."

I trembled, "I-I can't live knowing I ruined a whole year of not one, but two men's lives."

"Did they care about potentially wasting your whole life?" He retorted, angered by my lack of understanding with him. "What do you think you're going to tell your family when you go back? My bad, stepped on a leggo and screamed so loud there was an earthquake and I dropped to hell, but Satan finally let me out."

"Well, that could work too. I was going more for, I thought I died so I just laid on the ground for a week until I realized I wasn't actually dead." Great plan, Lex, great plan.

"You're strange," he looked at me, as if analyzing me all over again.

"Normal is weird, but weird is normal."

Finally, the tenseness I've dealt with was beginning to fade. I need to relax, and think things over.

"I can't hold on to you for much longer, you need to think everything through and know what you want to say when you get back home. If your parents are like most, they're almost guaranteed to want to bring those a-holes to court and bring you justice." He looked at me, almost pleadingly. Eyes begging me to be honest with them from the get go.

I sighed, "I hate myself for feeling concerned for my kidnappers."

"Stockholm," he muttered.

I looked at him quizzically, "what?"

"Stockholm Syndrome," he replied in monotone, "you're protecting your kidnapper."

"No- No I'm not!" I shouted, half realizing I'm lying.

He smirked, a smirk that didn't hold humor. "You fell for one of them, didn't you? Like that cliche romance novel, shit."

I glared at him, "shut up, just- just leave me alone!"

He looked at me, the smirk growing as he recognized more and more how right he was.

"Girls always fall for the bad guy, and most the time, in the end, they get screwed over. Do yourself a favor and let them go before you get yourself into some more trouble." With that, we were home and he walked in with long strides, not caring to look back.

Wow, I just got roasted.

~
Don't be afraid, give me some input! Should she turn them in or let them go? (; x