Not Quite A Lemon.......But Getting there!

“Oh fuck!” Kakashi sits up abruptly, eyes wide. “We’re late.”

My face collides with the hard flooring, causing a stream of steady profanities to spill past my lips, and I sit up, glaring daggers at Kakashi. He grins sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, and I stand-leaning over him.

“S-sorry.” Kakashi says.

I hiss at him and shove him aside, falling back to the couch. He lands with a loud thump onto the floor and sits up, rubbing his head and whining softly. “Lex-kun, we can’t sleep in any later. The kids are waiting for us.”

Flashing him a scary look, I growl lowly. Kakashi stands and leans over, lips pressing against my temple. “Never mind, you can stay home today.” He says cheerfully.

I sit up, yawning. “Actually, I was hoping I’d get to see Sarah. I want to celebrate the kids completing the chuunin exams.”

He pouts. “I want to celebrate too.”

Laughing, I ruffle his messy bed hair. “You will. We’re thinking about having all the teachers get together and go out for a drink or possibly just hang out here. If that’s okay, of course.”

Kakashi thinks for a few moments and looks around, pointedly staring at the large mess with obvious hate. “Sure, but we’ll need to clean up.”

“Great!” I grin widely. “I’ll stay here today. Sarah and I can clean up. You can take the kids on all their missions.” I lean forward and press my lips to his nose as I stand. “Don’t let the fat lady beat Naruto up too much and tell him to say hello to Garra for me.”

He scowls slightly and rolls his eyes. “Alright.”

“I’ll invite Guy and Kurenai.” I start towards my room. Kakashi stiffens, eye narrowing, and watches as I disappear into the hall.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------

The doorbell rings, a soft melodic chime that brings a smile to my lips. Stepping over some of Kakashi’s mess, I open the door. Sarah grins and throws her arms around my neck.

“How are you?!”

I close the door, laughing lightly at her exasperated look-thanks to the large piles-and shrug. “Good, I guess. Nothing’s really changed.”

Sarah’s blue eyes widen. “Are you kidding me?!”

“Huh?”

“I got partnered with this weird guy named Guy, do you know him?” Sarah grins, setting her purse and stuff down on the kitchen counter. “He says that Kakashi and you are going out!”

 I blush about ten different shades of red. “Um, not officially.”

Sarah pulls her hair back into a ponytail. “But you like each other.”

I shrug and look around the house. “I dunno.”

Making my way over to the couch, I scoop up my blankets and find Moo smushed up in between the cushions. I grin and pull him out, starting for my bedroom. Sarah starts walking around the kitchen, organizing it first before she pulls out the hard stuff. I work on the den and Kakashi’s bedroom. I had the sinking feeling that he’d rather me go in there instead of her.

Picking up an old pair of boxer shorts, I make a disgusted sound and toss it towards the closet. I’m not about to wash his clothes. In fact, I’m not even really sure where the washer and the dryer are. So my simple solution is to just shove it all into the closet-let him deal with it later.