Chapter 1: Traci {Edited}

A/N: Don't forget to comment or vote;)

All Rights Reserved!

Picture of Traci ... Gabrielle Union:) ----------->

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Traci

My mother always taught me to trust my instincts and that is exactly what I have been doing for my twenty-six years. The call from a Detective Robert Lee was beyond disturbing and it cost me a great amount of sleep last night. My cousin Joyce was murdered. To be honest, I believe she committed suicide.

Joyce had been through it all, being the same age as me. She had three kids, all by different men. One in jail because he physically abused her. Of course, she wasn't going to report him so I took it upon myself to call the cops and step in. That's why he's in jail now. I don't know when he is getting out, but the street's be talking and I heard it is soon. He never helped her out anyways. His name was Brent. People called him B. Another one was dead; two shots to the head because he was at 'the wrong place at the wrong time'. His name was Demetri, he was good to her and the kids. The third one was Tony. Just up and left the day Joyce found out she was pregnant. Not only did she have troubles in relationships, but they caused her to be addicted to drugs and alcohol. When Social Services found out, they took her kids away but eventually her brother John took them in.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning in Los Angeles. The sun was shinning brightly without a cloud in the sky. I was on my way to work. I'm a proud owner of Mysteries Hair Salon. It took me a while to get it going but I finally was able to get the money and now my shop is doing better than ever.

I heard my cell phone ringing so I tapped the button on my bluetooth that was already in my room.

"Hello," I said as I turned the radio down just a bit, "This is Traci."

The voice on the other line said, "Hi Traci? This is Detective Robert Lee."

"Hello, Detective Lee. What can I do for you today?" I asked briefly.

"Well we have some news about Joyce's case down at the police station and I thought you needed to hear it since you're the only family member I able to contact," he said.

"Well, I was on my way to work but I can be there in a half an hour," I declared.

"Ok. I'll see you when you get here."

I tapped the button on my bluetooth again, jumped on the I-405, and was on my way to the police station. It was so hot that I had to roll the windows up and crank the air conditioner on. I love living in Los Angeles when the weather is not that hot. The only thing I don't like in LA is the traffic. Seems like everytime I'm in a hurry, there's accidents and sigalerts. It's just too many people out here and it gets worst everyday. I finally got off the freeway and at the police station. Once I parked, I went through the front doors.

"Hi, I'm looking for a Detective Robert Lee," I told two police officers.

"That would be me," said a voice on the other side of the room.

He came closer and extend his hand, "You must be Traci, nice to meet you." He looks familiar. I thought to myself, but I just shook it off and proceeded.

"Yes, I wish on different circumstances." I grasp his hand and shook it.

"Yes, of course. Like I said on the phone, I have more news about the case and I wanted to talk to you about it. Let's go somewhere that can give us more privacy." He said