[12- Calm]

Saturday was definitely my favorite day of the week. It was purely for the reason we didn't have to go to school. Sundays soured my mood, knowing that Monday was the day after.

Emmett and I spent the majority of the day playing video games, my idea of the perfect Saturday. Alice warned us about going out and playing football, since Edward was taking Bella to a meadow not too far away.

On Sundays, we usually went hunting. Sometimes Esme and Carlisle would accompany us, but for the most part, it was just Emmett and I. But today was not one of those days. Today, Bella was coming over.

At about 9, I heard her noisy truck turn off from the smooth highway onto our driveway, followed by the closing of two car doors.

Carlisle and Esme moved to the side of the foyer on the raised platform where Edward's grand piano sat. Emmett and I assumed our position in the living room beside the foyer, we didn't want to overwhelm her.

As soon as I heard her walk up the stairs, I smelt her scent instantly perfumed the room, the delicate notes of freesia and lavender filled my lungs. Emmett squeezed my hand and raised his eyebrow.

"I'm fine, I promise," I reassured him.

Finally Bella entered the room, her hand in Edward's. Her eyes were wide, no doubt taking everything in. Edward seemed a little tense, probably because Alice had a vision of some nomadic vampires passing through our territory, though they were heading east.

"Carlisle, Esme, this is Bella."

"You're very welcome here, Bella," Carlisle declared. His natural kindness put humans at ease, but because Bella knew what we were, he was careful to move slowly and predictably toward her in case she was frightened. He offered his hand and Bella stepped forward to shake it.

Esme smiled and stepped forward, also offering her hand. "It's very nice to meet you," she said warmly. I could see her eyes sparkle with delight at the occasion.

"Thank you. I'm glad to meet you, too," Bella responded.

"This is Eleanor and Emmett, who you've seen at school," Edward continued as Emmett and I joined Carlisle and Esme.

"I'm so glad Edward has finally found someone," I said with a grin. Crap, I probably should not have said that, Bella's face flushed bright red. Edward smiled and dipped his head minutely in thanks.

Surprisingly, despite shaking our ice cold hands, Bella seemed somewhat at ease.

"Hi Bella," Alice said, as she bounced down the stairs, springing forward to kiss Bella's cheek. Jasper remained several feet behind, I could feel the soothing energy radiating from him.

"Hello, Bella," he said, keeping his distance, like he did with me when I was human.

"Hello, Jasper," she replied with a smile. "It's nice to meet you all, you have a very beautiful home."

"Thank you," Esme responded. "We're so glad you came." I could see the same glow in her eye from when I came over for the first time.

As the conversation drifted to Edward's piano, Emmett tugged my hand and we discretely went upstairs to our room.

———

A few hours later, Jasper knocked on the door, "Alice said there's a storm coming. Are you guys keen for some baseball?"

Emmett leapt off the bed, "Hell yeah!" He turned back to face me at my desk, "That's if El can stop coding for a couple of hours." Jasper chuckled.