Free At Last!

Part 12

"At least give me a gun," I said as we crept to the side of the white, wooden house. There were no dogs, luckily, but the metal fence was tore down and raggedy. So raggedy that grass had grew around it. This was a real trap house for my ass.

"Fuck no. You crazy? I can get fired if another cop comes in here and see you with a gun."

The shots had stopped. Something wasn't right. Karen motioned for me to hide behind the bushes as she peeped thru the back window with her weapon drawn. "I still want my half of the money."

She lowered the gun and looked at me in disappointment. "Really? This ain't the time."

I heard other sirens in a distance. She frowned. "I have to hurry up before the others get here." The sun was shining in her face so she kept squinting her eyes and looking the other way.

"Well, go inside. Don't bitch out now. I'll wait here."

"You go in first."

"You think I'm stupid? You gone shoot me in my back the minute I step in there. You ain't stupid so don't think that I am."

"Well cover me," she pleaded.

"With what gun, Karen?!"

The shooting started back, causing me and her to duck. What the fuck was going on? Before she could kick the back door in, it came flying open. Bubbas body came flying out. Someone had shot him in the head and tossed him in the back yard. What the fuck was Bubba doing here?

"I already saw you, Karen. Bring the bitch." It was Tim's voice. I knew that devilish voice anywhere.

"What bitch?!" She yelled from behind the bush like she was a negotiator and Tim had hostages. I still couldn't see his face but I heard him loud and clear. He was close. Sounded like he was behind the door.

He tapped on the window right beside me with the tip of his gun. "That bitch."

"She don't have the money or the drugs, Tim." It warmed my heart to see her taking up for me.

"Then who got it?"

"Marvin!" She lied.

Finally, he showed himself. "Can't be. Marvin been having me on this wild goose chase in search for that bitch. Even had me kill Bubba to bring her to the surface and find her."

"He set you up, Tim." This bitch was good. She even lowered her voice and gun to gain his trust. "He set me up, too. He fucked everyone!"

"I knew you would be here so I came soon as I lost the girl upstairs," I heard another voice say from inside. It was Marvin standing there looking like a mad man. Choppa so big he had to hold it with two hands.

"What?" I said under my breath. We were all about to die.

"You set me up?" Tim asked, with his gun now trained on Marvin. A red dot sat right between Marvin's eyes.

Marvin shook his head and lifted his gun also. "No, this bitch set us all up. I see that now."

Tim now had his gun back on Karen. Then back to Marvin. Po' baby was all confused. I wasn't. "Running out of time," I whispered to Karen when Tim turned his gun back to Marvin. The sirens were getting louder and louder.

"I know. Just watch my back." Every time she said that, it pissed me off. With what gun was I going to watch her back with?

Marvin looked uninterested in all this shit. "Where is my shit?" He asked with his attention now on me. The sinister look he was giving me gave me the chills. He glared at me like if I even breathed wrong, I was about to die.

"You got it!" Po' Tim screamed, still confused. I just shook my head. From where I was, it seemed like Tim and I were the pawns. If he wasn't so stupid, he could turn this around from the both of us. But he was stupid. So damn stupid.

Without a second thought, Marvin smoothly pressed down on his trigger, shooting Tim right in the chest. Then when Tim took too long to fall, he shot him again. "Come sit down," Marvin said to both of us, stepping over Tim like they weren't just friends earlier.

"No," Karen responded.

Marvin didn't even say shit. Just gave her this look and she did as she was told. "Bitch, you got a gun, too," I gritted thru my teeth. Dumb ass.

"I know what I'm doing," she said under her breath as stood. But her eyes kept moving down. She was telling me to look down with her eyes. She had left the gun in the bushes. She wanted me to save the day.

Once she got on the porch, blocking Marvin's view, I swiftly used my leg to drag the gun to me. Next to the gun was the key to my cuffs. I had to move fast while they talked shit to each other.

"Yo...what the f..."

I was caught. He heard the cuffs fall to the ground and saw me with the gun. I picked it up and before I could aim it, he had fired a shot right thru Karen, dropping her on the spot. Before he could fire a shot at me, I shot him. Right in the neck. Blood poured like a fountain from his neck.

Yes! Free at last!

After shooting him, I hopped over the bodies and made my way to the front door. I still had time to get away. Soon as I opened the door...

"Freeze! Put your hands in the air!"