You had one job

Part 9

"Marvin?" I asked.

"Yea. Who's this?"

"Unbelievable. Who am I? I'm the bitch you told him to kill!" I had to calm down because the madder I got, the faster I drove. Almost hit a junkie at the stop sign. Looking behind me, I was relieved to see that I had lost Teal and Tim. Now I was on the phone with a snake.

"Stop playin'. Where Tim?"

"Why don't you call your brother back and see if I'm playing. You got your own brother killed? Really? Are you fuckin' kidding me?" I asked.

"You got my bread in that car with you?" He asked, skipping over everything I'd just said.

"Over some money? Your own brother? You killed Fabian over some damn money?!"

He laughed. "You don't know what you getting yaself into, mama. If you knew what was good for ya, you'd bring me that car and the money. It's a lot of problems in that car you in."

"Bullshit. I'm taking it to the cops," I hissed, hanging up.

I drove down interstate 35 stuck. What was I going to do with all this money? How would I explain this to the cops? How would I get Tim off my back? Now I had Teal, Tim and Marvin on my back. I wanted to call Teal and tell him about Marvin but he would never believe the girl who just ran off with his brothers' money. Not to mention the fact that I was there when his brother was killed. Fuck!

Running out of options, I called Tay. She answered on the first ring. "Why are you fuckin' calling me? Where is Keisha?! I know you had something to do with her being kidnapped!"

"It's me, Tay."

"Keisha?"

"Yes. It's Keisha."

"Oh my God. Where are you?"

"Don't matter. Right now, I need you to get out of that house. Now!"

"And go where? What happened? Keisha, talk to me. Please."

"No time to talk. Just get out," I screamed. I hated when she asked questions when I tried to get shit done.

"My car caught a flat on the way home. I'm stuck," she whined.

"Call Bubba. And call me back."

"Ok ok ok," she said, rushing off the phone.

A few seconds after she hung up, another phone started ringing in the car. It wasn't Tims' phone. After not seeing it, I pulled over. It had to be in the car because I heard it.

Pulling over to the side of the road, I made sure no one was following me before searching the seats and between the seats. At last, I found a phone. "Hello?"

"Bubba...Keisha? This you?" It was Tay.

"What the f...Tay why is Bubbas' phone in this car?" I asked, losing patience.

"I don't know. You told me to call him and that's what I'm tryna do. Wait...Tim had his phone? Bubba never leaves his phone."

"Hold on," I said, putting the phone down. The most logical thing to do right now was check the trunk. He wasn't there. "Where is Bubba, Tay?"

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?"

"Tay, get out of there. Now! I don't give a fuck about your car. Run! Run!"

I hung up and got back in the car, on my way home to the gun. I didn't want Tay to get it. she was in danger, Clearly anyone in my circle was in danger.

As I got back on the highway, Tims phone rang. It was Marvin. "What?" I asked.

"Let's play the guessing game," he teased.

"Yea, lets guess how much time the police give you when they get a whiff of this shit."

"Silly girl."

"Boy, fuck you. You silly. And grimy."

"Well, good luck explaining to them why you were the last person Fabian was seen with. Tim still got the video. So, you have no proof of what happened. And good luck explaining the money. And good luck explaining why nobody can find Bubba."

My heart stopped. "Wha...huh?"

"I knew that would wake you up. Meet me on Beltline and Wintergreen with the money and I will make all of this go away."

I sighed. "No."

"Welp. Looks like I'm gonna have tell the cops that you were the last person my brother was with. And have Tim to report his car missing. Imagine them finding you in it with a bag full of money."

Click.

He hung up and I got sick to my stomach. "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hitting the steering wheel.

After a few minutes, I called back. "Change of heart, huh?"

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"Meet me where I told you to. Bring the money."

Click. He hung up in my face again.

Before meeting him, I decided to get the gun first. Tim wasn't in a car and Marvin was waiting for me on Beltline and Wintergreen. This was perfect. But I only had less than an hour before Tim found a ride to my house. So I had to hurry and I did.

Being that I wasn't far, I made it in less than 15 minutes, praying to God that Tay was somewhere safe.

Before getting out, I looked around to make sure nothing looked suspicious and ran up to my building and to my floor. Before going on, I put my ear by the door. Nothing. This was good.

I went in and seen that Tay was still sitting on the couch watching Tv. This shit was stupid. Her ass never listened. "Are you serious?!" I yelled, running to the room, grabbing the gun and coming back to the living room.

That's when I seen that Tay wasn't watching Tv. She was tied up with Tape on her mouth. "What the f..."

"You had one job," a man said.

Flinching, I turned around to see a tall guy standing with a muscular build and all black. What scare me is that he had on a ski mask. Why did he need that? And who was he?

"Who are you?" I asked, pointing the gun at him.

He laughed. "I told you to meet me on off Wintergreen."

"Marvin?"

He nodded. "Bingo."

Without wasting any time, I pulled the trigger before he killed us. But... it just clicked. That's it.

That's when he put his hand out, opening his palms revealing six bullets.

Part 10 coming soon!