Eight

Nicole

July 19th. The day had finally come. For some reason, I felt slightly nervous. What if we screwed up? I don't think either of us could go through the boredom again. We actually have to stay in check until we get off parole. After that? Well, we'll see.

The process was long and tedious, but being outside, being free? I loved it, and it was definitely worth it. I spared a quick glance at Kevin and he had A small smile on his face. The unusual sight of happiness made my own grin grow bigger.

It took me a few moments to realise that Eva was waiting outside. She stared at us for a minute in silence. "Hi Mom." Kevin said, and her eyes filled with tears. What the hell? Why was she crying? I stared at Eva in confusion. I thought she would be happy about this, but apparently not.

"Uh, Eva? Are you alright?" I ask, and she nods jerkily, wiping her tears away  "Sorry, I just—You're, you're actually out. Both of you. I wish—" Eva stopped her sentence abruptly, shaking her head. "Never mind. Anyway, do you want to get a couple of pizzas to celebrate Kevin, Nicole?"

We both nodded and a shaky smile spread across Eva's face.

Okay, sorry again for the really long break between chapters. This time I won't get your hopes up, but I will update this story at some point. Also THANK YOU FOR 400+ reads. I'm loving the support I'm getting from everyone. I will see you next time