Chp. 12 First Impressions and Bubbles

Something that you should read: Reached my unlisted quota faster than I expected my darlings. I personally thank everyone who voted and read and commented. It is overwhelmingly appreciated and gratefully accepted. This chapter is set a few months later, in December. I hope you all enjoy and tell your friends!

As always and forever, the credit of Harry Potter will go to J.K. Rowling, who recognized that a boy under the stairs resided in all of us and encouraged us to emerge and become the amazing people we are today.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

“Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational.” – Hugh Mackay

Jacky’s P.o.V.

I shake myself out of my trance. Ever since Katie had been attacked, Gryffindor tower had been a bit subdued. I kept sinking into states of inattentiveness that had gotten me a few detentions. I had to shake it. I had to get over it. Because there was no denying the fact that Draco had done it. He had cursed Rosmerta to give Katie the cursed necklace.

I didn’t dare tell anyone. It wouldn’t change Katie’s condition and also because I couldn’t bear to tell on him. I couldn’t ruin him like that. He could be his own ruination, I wouldn’t stop the idiot. But this…this I had control of.

Seamus and I had kept our relationship going. It was really nice. I didn’t love him, not yet. And he didn’t say it either, much to my relief. And we kept it to kissing only; especially after Halloween. His hands had tried to travel once and I nearly cursed them off. Dean was still laughing about it.

I had kept a strict avoidance of Draco. I was furious with him. Disappointed too but mostly furious. How dare he hurt my best friend! She had been through enough with Vines, how dare he?!

It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he had caught me shacking up with Seamus in a broom cupboard. Nor did I secretly hope he was too drunk to remember. That’s complete nonsense.

“Jacky are you okay? You look peeved.” I turn around to face Ginny as she sits down. I nod unhappily.

“Still upset about Katie? It’s been almost a month.” She says gently. I shrug.

“I know. I’m seeing my family today at lunch. I guess I’m just nervous. Seamus is meeting them.” I add as Ginny grins.

“Getting serious eh?” I shake my head.

“Oh not at all. No, it’s traditional. Any suitor must meet the family a month in. Get a feel for the relationship. I’ve got Seamus worried sick.” I grin evilly. Ginny laughs.

“Poor bloke. Whatcha tell him?”

“Told him how there was a guy that tried to date my aunt once. My gran saw something funny in him and told him to clear out. He tried to come back and afterwards had to change his name to Alexia.” Ginny roars with laughter and almost falls off her chair.

“Oh I wish I could have seen his face.” She wipes a tear of laughter from her eyes.

“I still have it on if you want to have a look.” Seamus said as he arrived from the staircase. Now it was my turn to almost fall of my chair. He had his hair styled and a button-down shirt with slacks on. Ginny has an equally shocked look on her face.

“I know, that’s what I said.” Dean chuckles as he goes over to Ginny. Seamus flips him off before coming over to me.

“I’m ready for hell.” He whispers. I laugh and stand up.