Chp. 24 Promises

Apologetic Author’s note: Here it is! My darlings, you have no idea how long I’ve been aching to post this. It needed much polishing, and rewriting, and my body had it out for me whenever I tried to get it done. A nasty cold, thanks to a certain friend of mine who shall not be mentioned, I vowed to get it done this week.

And so I have! Love me, hate me, I care not (maybe a little…) but love this chapter!

Oh, and for my more innocent readers, this chapter, as mentioned in the last chapter, is STEAMY. Meaning that it gets to that point in some books where, be you a teenager, makes you blush and cast a furtive glance around to make sure that no adults or parental figures are near to catch you reading such things. This is also my first time writing such a scene as this and well…goodness I feel like I need to go to confession, though I am not catholic. So, bear with me if it sucks horribly. ^-^

The steamy parts shall be indicated by *~*~* at the beginning and end, so if you do not wish to read those parts, merely skip to the next set of *~*~* and read on. I will make sure you will miss nothing important…maybe. Enjoy!

p.s. Watch video! It's adorable!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous." - Anon

Third Person P.o.V.

Jacky was growing frustrated. It was March 15th and nothing was happening. She was not normally a self-absorbed person, yet she could not help herself on this particular day. And it didn’t help when her boyfriend of four months was barely ever there.

She got it. He had a life-or-death mission. He honestly shouldn’t be dating her, for more reasons than just that she was a distraction. She was a Gryffindor, an open candidate for the Order of the Phoenix, and her heritage as a pureblood or halfblood was in question as her father was nowhere to be found. She could see what being with her was doing to him.

He was losing hope. Losing sight of what he was working so hard for. To be fair, she never understood his original zeal for his mission back in December, but she longed for those days when he would smile at her with blazing icy eyes and wink when no one was looking. She missed when they were able to go on a short night time stroll in secret and stole a few kisses in empty classrooms between classes. She missed his cocky, arrogant attitude; surprisingly enough she even missed the way he strut.

She needed him back. She needed to reawaken all those lost traits in him. She needed promise.

At this moment, however, she was sulking in the library at a desk near the back with a lovely view of the Quidditch Pitch, even though it was too dark to see. Hermione was busy with Ron’s poisoning and Harry’s disastrous Quidditch game while Ginny was having another row with Dean. Meaning that they were too busy to notice much of anything right now. Jacky couldn’t help but scowl at the window as the thought tore her heart just the slightest bit. How could they not notice?

“Jacky” His voice was a cool whisper across her cheek as he sat down beside her, carefully taking her hand as he noticed the stiff set of her shoulders. Draco knew this crazy witch so well that he had seen immediately something was wrong upon finding her among the bookshelves.

And when Jacky barely responded to his touch? He knew something was brewing. He could not restrain the protective feeling coiling inside his chest, rearing up and ready to strike.

“Why are you mad? What’s happened?” He demands. She ignores him, despite the feeling of his ice cold gaze on the side of her face. She knew, without doubt, how quickly she would break if she so much as caught sight of those beautiful blue orbs.