Chp. 5 Kindness is Catching

Hello and Welcome to the sixth chapter of "Faith is Stronger". To all those who are returning, welcome back! To all those new, welcome! I know you will find your experience whilst reading enjoyable and humorous. Please take note to READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END OF CHAPTER, thank you :)

Dedicated to MissBarbieDoll for a sweet critique and a pretty awesome discussion page.

............................................................................................................

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain.

Jacky's P.o.V.

I blinked blearily awake, noticing that it was almost ten. I jumped up, seeing everyone else asleep. The other Gryffindors that hadn't participated last night had just left us here!

I sent out a bang with my wand, effectively waking everyone.

"Everyone get ready! Third period starts in half an hour!" I shouted. There was general confusion as people blundered around, half-asleep and panicking at sleeping in later than planned. I hopped up the stairs, rushing into the shower and out in under two minutes, using magic to dry and fix my hair and pull on clothes. I ran back down the stairs.

"I'll get us breakfast!" I said to the three fourth year boys straggling down. They nodded and started picking up the common room. I dashed out of the tower, running pell-mell down to the kitchens.

"Dobby!" I screeched, flinging myself into the portrait. Lack of sleep made me loud. Just saying. Dobby appeared before me.

"Yes missus Jacky?" he squeaked. I gave him a hug, which he almost became hysterical over.

"Can you send up bacon and egg sandwiches for...half of GryffindorTower in ten minutes? I will pay you five galleons and two pairs of socks." I kept the price low, because he would fight me if I gave a proper sum for my request. He still stuttered against it before bowing and getting about ten other house-elves to help. I dashed off, knowing that Dobby would send it up via apparation.

"Morning Jacky" I was pulled into someone's chest as I stumbled back into the tower. Most everyone was ready and waiting for the food to come up. The common room was back to normal, thankfully.

"Seamus! Hi" I added lamely. He laughed and let me go. I straightened my skirt and looked at him. He looked really cute today, rugged with his tie hanging loose and his pants slightly sagging crookedly. He waggled his eyebrows as he noticed my stare and I blushed.

"Go to dinner with me tomorrow." He fired randomly. Well...not so randomly.

"I don't feel like dating right now Seamus." I said immediately. He shook his head.

"You do. You just won't give it a try." He smiled. I stuck my tongue at him.

"I'll get you to agree eventually, darling. I promise you." At that moment, Dobby appeared with all the food and he forgot about me for the time being. Males. Always about food.

I grabbed a sandwich and my bag, heading out the door as the bell rang for break. I hurried to my first block, which was potions, and apologized my arse off to Slughorn and turned in my homework as well as promising to make up my work during lunch. The same thing for Herbology second period. Professor Sprout wasn't very pleased, but after looking at my chart that I had finished while everyone talked last night, she decided to let me make up the work after dinner as well. If I brought everyone else who had missed her first and second period as well. I promised and dashed off to my third block, Defense Against the Dark Arts. Goody, Snape.

"You're late, Miss Grace. Ten points from Gryffindor." He snapped as I tumbled into the room. I saw Draco give me a smirk while Hermione pulled out a seat for me. I fell into it and listened to the lecture about nonverbal spells. He wasn't going to give up on this and move on.