Chapter 20

"A barbeque? Why?" I asked Jenna stabbing a pancake with my fork.

"Well you know Mason Lockwood? He's in town, we used to be childhood friends, just wanna catch up." She answered.

Problem is from what Stefans been telling me, Mason is a Werewolf.

"Oh great!" I sarcastically responded putting on a fake smile.

I got up put my dish in the sink and ran upstairs, today will be interesting...

I decided to put on ripped jean shorts, a oversize striped sweater, and black converse.

I did a simple makeup look and curled my hair, then went downstairs.

I saw Mason and Jenna chatting in the kitchen, oh gosh. I approached them with a smile, "Hey Mackenzie, meet Mason Lockwood." I took his hand, "Nice to meet you, Mackenzie." he said planting a kiss on my palm.

Why the heck is he looking at me like that, "Aren't you a dog!" I winked. Literally.

I let them continue their conversation and went in the backyard to sit by Elena.

"Hey!" I said plopping on the chair next to her.

"--I thought you were coming tonight so call me back."

Oh she was on the phone, oops.

Caroline came and sat down, guess she was invited.

"Was that Stefan?" Caroline asks, chowing on a bag of chips.

Elena nodded, "I can't stop eating! Stefan said it helps the cravings, it sucks wanting blood every second." Caroline said sighing.

"Stefan always hated that part of himself..." Elena frowned.

"Well yeah, and he hates that your a constant temptation." Caroline said. Wait what?

"Wait, he said that?"

"The constant urge of wanting to rip both of your jugulars out? Yep it's there!"

"He wouldn't say that..." I snapped.

"Think what you want, Damon said the same thing about you. It's why I broke up with Matt."

Damon wanted to hurt me? He would never say that, but then again why would Care lie to me?