Chapter 12

MACKENZIES POV

Today was Tyler and I's second date, I just hope he didn't forget.

I grabbed my phone from the night-stand and dialed Ty's number.

There were three rings before he picked up.

"Hey babe," Ty said seductively.

"Hi! Are we still on for tonight?" I asked biting my lower lip, hoping he would say yes.

"Yes we are, pick you up at 6?" He questioned.

"Yes 6 it is!" I said back, smiling.

I hung up and started heading downstairs, then heard a crash in Elena's.

I ran into her room to see Stefan on the floor, and Elena on the bed.

"I have to go." Stefan said racing out.

"Is everything okay?" I asked Elena.

"Yes everything is fine Kenz, gosh." Elena replied leading me out of her room.

I don't think everything is fine, Elena is denying it but I know something's up with Stefan.

So I texted the only person who might know whats going on, Damon.

To: Damon

Hey, can you come over, concerned about something.

I waited for a reply, then heard our door knock. I ran down the stairs and got the door, Damon.

He was here in like 2 minutes, the hell...

"Good you're here," I whispered being quiet so Jeremy, who was in the other room, couldn't hear us.

"You ask I come," Damon said walking inside.

I shushed him and indicated him to follow me upstairs but he denied.

"No Kenzie, I will not go to your bedroom with you." He said loudly so Jeremy could hear.

I yanked him upstairs and into my room. I just hoped Elena wouldn't hear, I'm sure she would be upset.

"Just like I remembered," Damon said making himself at home, slouching on my bed.

I closed the door quietly.

"Did you know Uncle Gilberts kicking it with the Founders Council?" He asked rising his eyebrows.

My eyes grew wide, "What?" I asked confused, rubbing my head.

"I'll worry about it later, the real reason you're here is Elena and Stefan," I continued.

"What about them," Damon asked.

"Well I think Stefan is having a hard time with his cravings, and is denying it." I explained.

Damon got up, what was he doing?

He opened my drawer and pulled out a red laced bra, smirking.

I snatched it away, and nudged him.

"This is about Stefan and Elena," I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Stefan is becoming more like me that's all, that's what human blood does to him," Damon shrugged.

"Gosh, you're no help," I muttered, and he  began twirling my hair with his fingers.  Those fingers... I gulped and swatted his hand.

"Alright alright, out you go now!" I shooed Damon from my room, he clearly was no help in his situation. 

Damon left and I looked for Jeremy and Elena.

They must be out because they were no where to be seen.

I just got ready for my date.

I decided to wear a causal, short, floral dress and white pumps. I curled my hair, touched up my makeup into a smokey-eye look and was ready.

Tyler arrived and we headed to the party, I think Stefan and Elena already left.

~

We got to the party, "Come on," Tyler said leading me to a private room.

Tyler and I sat in this room and I had no idea why, then Matt came in with vodka.

This was a great second date, I thought to myself.  Matt mourning his sisters death and Tyler his ex girlfriends.  With his current one may I add...

Tyler handed me the vodka and I hesitated before shrugging, taking the bottle, and taking a gulp.  If I'm doing this I'm not doing it sober. 

After a whole bottle of vodka, Matt, Tyler, and I seperated pretty much and I went to the dance floor.  Finally the thoughts that engulfed me blurred away and I was free of them.

I started to walk where my lovely sister Elena was and started to stumble a bit

I started to walk where my lovely sister Elena was and started to stumble a bit. I tripped over my heel and was falling head first to the ground.  Oh down she goes.

Before I fell completley, two arms were around me balancing me to my feet.

I looked up giggling and saw Damon, oh I thought it was Tyler.

"I think we should get you home," Damon said dragging me toward the door like a puppy.  "Nooo, dance with me Damon!" I squealed, squeezing his cheeks. 

Matt and Elena saw us and approached.

"Hey you okay?" Elena asked me as Matt, Elena, Damon and I walked out.

"Yeah I'm fantasti-" I peeped but looked to my right and saw Tyler kissing Matt's mom.

"Oh my gosh," I gasped.

Matt went up to Tyler and pushed him.

"The hell man!" Matt yelled, punching Tyler.

They started to fight while Matt's mom ran, again.

Tears started forming and I broke, I started to laugh.  Very uncontrollably.  The laughs began to turn to cries and soon I was straight up balling.  Cheers to the vodka.

Damon led me away holding my waist so I didn't look at the fight while Elena walked next to me.

Damon went back to the party after walking us out while Elena took me home.   I missed his hand on my waist, I missed it. 

"I got cheated on, with Matt's mom!" I frowned, leaning my head on the cold window.

"Ty's a dick anyway Kenz, you'll be fine." Elena said driving.

I started to laugh again, "It's funny how low Tyler is to makeout with Matt's mom though." I continued to laugh trying to hide away the pain and tears.

When I got home I went upstairs and took a long shower, thinking... the thoughts filling my head again.

I got out and put my pajamas on, heard a beep and walked over to my phone.

From: Ty

We need to talk, I'm really sorry, forgive me?

I deleted the message, and got into bed.

There was no way in hell I was dating Tyler Lockwood ever again.