Chapter 2

Kenzie's POV

I woke up feeling new, like I was restarting, and going fresh. I felt alive, and happy for once. I got up brushed my teeth and put on a blue sweater and black leggings.  Finishing my breakfast Elena and I went to school with Bonnie, like usual.

-----

In history Stefan and Mr. Tanner went at it with history dates, and Stefan totally made Mr. Tanner look horrible. He knew every single historical event, how smart. I like...

The rest of the day was dull and boring but I had cheer tryouts after school!  Cheer has been the one thing I used to enjoy, other than smoking.  I figured I would give it a go, see if I can grow onto it again.

Elena, Bonnie, and I sat on the field and stretched.  I stretched my legs out, reaching for my toes going as far as I could.  I couldn't go far, I am so out of shape and un-flexible...

"Have any of you seen Care today?" Elena asked. We shook our heads until Bonnie pointed at a hoodless car with Caroline and a dark haired hottie in it.  As the car approached I held my breath, lucky Caroline.  Scoring it totally.

"Who is that?" I asked grinning, "That's the other Salvatore, Damon." Elena said. "Heart eyes..." I giggled, I had no idea Stefan had a brother. I surely want a piece of that cake.

Caroline kissed him and jumped out of the car.  Shit, he's taken by my best friend. He took his shades off which revealed his crystal blue eyes.  His eyes scanned around and landed on mine, I sucked in a breath.

These Salvatores have an effect on me, god they're hot

These Salvatores have an effect on me, god they're hot.  Without breaking eye contact, he backed out of the parking lot before leaving me speechless.

"Come on girls!" Care yelled.  We got up and started rehearsing.  Elena was falling behind so Care told her to go in the back and observe.  She ended up walking over to watch Stefan play football.

Cheer ended and Bonnie and I went home while Elena and Stefan walked.

I ran up stairs and got ready for the bonfire tonight.  I put on ripped tights, a grey sparkled skirt, and a black tank with a leather jacket before I slipped on my black heels. I went into Elena's room to see if she was ready, she had on a leather jacket, and tight jeans. "You ready?" I asked, "Yes! Let's go!" She beamed, clearly excited to see her boy toy.

------

We walked up to the party and spotted Bonnie.

"Hey guys!" She greeted, embracing us in a tight hug. 

"Where are the drin-" I began, but Elena butted in, "Okay, so I think Stefan and I are becoming a thing!" Elena smiled.

Stefan and Elena? But. You know what I'm happy for them, I smiled. Deep down i could tell something was forming between the two, but in all honestly it was being pushed to the back of my brain.  I thought maybe just maybe it wasn't true.

As I was engulfed in my thoughts Stefan approached us with a slight smile.

"Hey Mackenzie, hi Elena."

"Hey!" We said at the same time.  Mine being a bit less enthusiastic as my twin sisters.

As the night when on, Stefan and I somehow found ourselves strolling away from the party. 

I was fairly tipsy but I had a level head..

"There's something about you." I peeped quickly, avoiding eye contact with the green eyed boy.

Stefan stopped and faced me, tilting his head slightly, "How so?"

I shook my head and laughed, "Ahahaha I'm drunk, I don't know what I'm saying.  Let's get back to the party."

I was fairly tipsy and had a level head... but that wasn't the way for things.

We met up with Elena as she rambled on with Bonnie, before we saw Jeremy run off drunk into the woods. Typical Jer.  I may drink but I don't act stupid while doing so.

"I'll get him." I said rolling my eyes. I began following him, leaves crunching from beneath my feet as I stomped through the woods.

"Vicki!" Jeremy yelled. I ran to where the sound came from and Jeremy kneeled before something. 

I ran up to him and squinted to make out what was in front of him.

"Oh my god, somebody help!" I screamed frantically.  Vicki laid on the wet leaves, blood oozing from her.  Jeremy picked her up and we ran to get help. My breathing uncontrollably picked up, but I continued to follow Jer from the woods.

By the end of the night my eyes were beat red and my cheeks puffed like a chipmunk. 

Jeremy went to his room, I could tell he was worried, he cared for Vicki. I was too, I hope she's okay. I ran upstairs and took a shower, scrubbed my vanilla shampoo into my head and washed my body. The heat of the scolding water calming me from the terrible pictures in my head.

As I finished my shower, I wrapped myself in a fuzzy pink towel.  My pajamas were in the dryer, because I loved the warmth of the clothes when I went to sleep.

I plopped down the stairs and stopped to see Elena at the door greeting Stefan.

"Oh! Hi Ste-Stefan, very sorry." I said blushing.

Stefan glanced up and chuckled before he continued with Elena.

Why is it always Elena? I swear she gets every guy.  Rolling my eyes I got my well-deserved warm PJs and returned to my room.

STEFANS POV

I walked up to Elena, and Kenzie's door and knocked. I ran from the party without checking on them.  Elena answered and before we realized we were deep in chit chat.  Loud noises came from the stairs and there was Kenzie galloping down in only a towel. 

"Oh! Hi Ste-Stefan, very sorry." She giggled, blushing and continuing to wherever she was heading.

I laughed and returned to Elena's attention, sensing a tinge of jealously off of her. She invited me inside and we talked all night.

  She invited me inside and we talked all night

/-/-/-/

( I think gifs help visualize the scene and stuff so let me know how you guys like them! )