9.The unsaid truth

Target:125 votes

Dev and Sonakshi had become more close day by day. Sonakshi had started behaving the same way she used to be before. The same old chirpy, funloving Sonakshi. But one thing that always hold her back is the love for Dev. She always flirts with him, fights with him, but says that she doesn't love him.

Holi was nearing. Dev was very much excited for this Holi. He is going to celebrate Holi with his parents and Sonakshi after so many years. The last Holi he celebrated with them was the most heartbreaking holi for him as well as Sonakshi. That day, sonakshi told him about her feelings towards him and he.. He just rejected her. He broke her heart and went away. But this time he will make sure she will get all happiness she deserves.

Dev asked Ishwari about the holi preparations and she told that every year sonakshi would do all the arrangements but will not celebrate it. Dev was shocked

"but maa, Sonakshi always loves playing holi na. "

"yeah beta. But I don't know what happened to her. After you went to pursue your studies she just stopped expressing herself. That was the holi we celebrated lastly  with her. She then stopped celebrating it. I wont ask you what happened that day but I would just say that day changed her. She changed herself until you came back. All these years I was worrying for her. But now Thank god, she has changed back again. And all thanks to you. I just hope she celebrate holi this year. You will do it na beta"

"ofcourse maa. Dont worry. "

Dev was now sure that the heart break he gave her that holi was the reason of all this. He had to make it correct. Now its high time he should do the thing for which he came there after all these years. Now its time for that.

The same evening Shiv told Ishwari that he had to go to nearby town for an important meeting. And dev suggested to take Ishwari along with him as they have always celebrated holi together. And shiv readily agreed. When they were leaving Ishwari called dev.

"dev, I know why you are sending us. I just wish when we return back I want to hear that sonakshi also celebrated holi. Yeah we will not be with her this time. But im happy you are here. I hope you will change her this time also just like you did in all other things. "

She then blessed him and went.

The next day Dev woke up soon and got ready for Holi. When he returned to their room he saw sonakshi talking with someone on the phone.

"Happy holi rahul. You naa... You are just awesome. Last year also you were the first one to wish me and even today. Thank you so much. "

Dev was furious after she said Rahul wishes her first. Why on earth does Rahul has to do this?

"Rahul...You know na I dont celebrate holi. Please don't ask me why? Because I will not answer it. Just.. Leave that topic. By the way, you will be getting late. Go and play safe.
Bye. "

Sonakshi saw a furious dev staring at her.
But if she spoke anything now then an unwanted fight would occur. So she kept mum. But dev left that matter and asked her to celebrate holi. But she challenged him that if he applies colour on her without laying his hands on her then she would celebrate.

Sonakshi then goes to shower. She was sure that Dev cannot win this challenge.Thinking about that  she turned on the shower unknowingly she started the shower only to take bath in colourful water. she was all drained in coloured water with her dresses on. Since she was wearing white colored dress, her whole dress was drenched with colour.

Sonakshi got so furious and screamed his name. She turned it off and went to dev.

"So.. Challenge completed. "

"Are you out of your mind? You are a professor for god's sake. You should teach and advice your students all the good values. How can you waste water like this dev? How many people out there are suffering without water. And you... You added color in our water tank just because you wanted to win this challenge. When will you change dev? "

She was so furious that she just shouted at him and turned to go.

But dev held her hand pulled her back towards him. He crossed her hands at her back and she landed directly on him such that her back facing him.

"Leave me.."

Dev took a handful of colors.

"Arey. How? I won the challenge so now its your turn. You should celebrate holi now. Let me take the first step"

Saying so, he laid his hand full of colour on her neck. He coloured her by tracing his hands on her from her left shoulder, then her whole neck and finally ended on her right shoulder.

Sonakshi could not take that much intimacy. The proximity between them was so much close that she felt loosing herself. But she needed to be strong. So she tried pushing him away but the more she tried the more she was pulled back towards him.

He then turned her towards him. They were so close by now and he could feel her heart beats raising.

He took another pinch of color and filled her maang and said her Happy holi.

She again tried pushing him away and he fell down with a thud.. She laughed seeing him and started to go when he acted as if he got hurt. She returned back to check him but dev pulled Sonakshi and she feel down on him.

Dev then asided the hair strands behind her ears and laid her down. She tried getting up but he caged her between his hands and went above her.

"Mrs. Dixit. I just wished you a happy holi. The main thing that I had to tell I dint say. So let me complete it. "

Sonakshi just looked at him. She looked at him questioningly now what's more to tell.

He came near her earlobe and spoke huskily.

"Mrs. Sonakshi Dixit... Mr. Dev Dixit loves you immensely. "

Sonakshi could not believe it. What was he saying.

"Yes.. "
He then turned to her other side and spoke  again

"I.... Love... You "

Precap :
               What will happen now?
Will Sonakshi accept him?