[4] Sleep - Suffering Children

Sleep [BoyxBoy]
Chapter Four
Jasper's POV

"Some say suffer all the children and walk away a savior"

I got up and dressed the next morning, actually taking the time to look better than I normally looked. I was in a good mood, more so since I hadn't had a night terror the previous night, which automatically equalled amazing mood.

"Jasper, you're going to be late for school if you don't hurry!" Evan called up the stairs, and my lips twitched into a smile.

Maybe I could trust them...

I quickly grabbed my backpack and went downstairs, Evan looking at me in surprise.

"You look good," He smiled and I felt relieved. At least my efforts were worth it.

"So, you all good to go? Wait- you did eat breakfast this morning, right?" Evan frowned thoughtfully tapping his chin, and I shook my head.

He huffed at me, though handed me a plain black lunchbox with a shrug. "One of the guys at work has a son that goes to your school," He explained. "Said that the lunches were awful."

I smiled at him, and nodded in answer to both of his questions. "I ate, thanks for the lunch and I'm all set."

"Good." He turned towards the door, keys in hand and shook his head slightly. "Brandon left for work early, I think he's trying to make a good impression with his boss or something." He mumbled the last bit to himself, though smiled as we walked out to the car, and I slid into the front seat happily.

I wonder what Tyler was doing...

And what about that kiss? Were we going to try and kiss again? If so, when?

"Jasper," Evan began uneasily. "You know to use protection, right?"

My face heated up in embarrassment, and I somehow managed to send him a sharp look, causing him to shuffle uneasily. I felt like I was going to start choking on absolutely nothing but the awkwardness of his question, and he sighed.

"Look, Brandon was going to have the conversation with you, so I figured I would do it to make things a little less awkward."

I looked up at him hesitantly, and shook my head slowly. "I know how to use protection," I muttered embarrassed and he blushed.

"Um... And if anyone pressures you, you shouldn't give in just because they want to."

Oh god, could this conversation be anymore awkward?!

I nodded quickly, and nearly praised a god when I saw the school slowly crawl into view.

Evan sighed and looked at me seriously as we stopped outside the school. "And you know you can talk to me or Brandon about anything, right?"

I looked at him, and nodded slowly. Maybe I could trust them with stuff after all. They seemed so nice, and they were always giving me things and actually worrying about me. They even tried to get me counseling so my nightmares would go away.

"I know." And I did know. Next time I needed to talk to someone about something, I would come to them. I decided and smiled at him.

"Thanks dad."

I opened the door and got out, realizing that I actually called him dad. Not foster dad, or Evan, but dad.

He seemed to realize it too, because when I looked at him he was grinning like he had just won an award.

I looked up to see Tyler and Emma bickering about something and I walked over to them curiously poking Tyler in the shoulder causing him to jump, not realizing I was there because he was too distracted in arguing with Emma.