21. Haunted

{21}

Previously on Taming Klaus...

Cecilia and Dakota had agreed on ressurecting Caleb. Lisa and Klaus make out on the couch and Kol walked in and made a crude remark. Lisa washes her hands in the bathroom and screams when she sees Xavier.

"Trying to watch my blood off your hands, bitch?"

~

No. No! NO!

"You can't be here! Caleb is supposed to back, not you!" Lisa yelled in disbelief. This is all wrong! She felt so betrayed by Cecilia, they had all agreed to bring Caleb back so why the hell is Xavier standing here all smug? And how the hell did he even get into this locked bathroom?

Xavier's smirk vanished and he approached Lisa with a crushing grip on her throat. Fear shot through her eyes and she tried to scream for help but couldn't. Xavier leant in close to her so she could smell the blood and grime that stained his shirt. Her eyes immediately watered, pleading him to release her. He didn't. He lifted her by the neck and smashed her into the mirror behind her, shards pierced through her skin like severe acupuncture. She could feel his hot raspy breath on her earlobe.

"You could have killed him, you selfish bitch." He whispered harshly. His words were like daggers to her ears. She starting sobbing loudly. Xavier levelled his eyes with hers, his burning glare was unforgiving. "You could have ended this! You stupid, incompetent girl!" His hands dug into her shoulder blades and she cried out in pain. "Look at what he did to me!" Immediately she saw his chest bleeding, the way it did when he was dying, it came out gushing red. Lisa's scream almost tore her vocal cords.

"LISA?!"

The door was savagely ripped off its hinges and Lisa collapsed on the cold tiled floor, shivering. Klaus' eyes widened and he cradled her, gently slapping her face, afraid she might lose consciousness. She looked up at him, terrified.

"Lisa, what's wrong? What happened?" He asked, panicked. Lisa pulled away and felt her back, which felt like it had been punctured a few seconds ago.

There was nothing there.

She shot up and turned towards the bathroom mirror that was supposed to be shattered, but it's in pristine condition. What? Lisa squeezed her eyes shut and scrunched up her hair. She did not just hallucinate that? It was real! It had to be goddamn real!

"Oh my god." Lisa cried. Klaus searched the bathroom but found no-one, there was literally nothing to suggest that she was attacked. He was deeply concerned as to what was bothering her.

"Lisa, cooperate with me. Tell me exactly what happened."

Lisa slowly looked up and stepping out of the shadows behind Klaus was Xavier holding a wooden stake.

"Klaus look out!"

*

Cecilia hovered over Caleb's body, his lips were red from the blood Dakota fed him. He's a vampire now, just needs sometime to recuperate before he wakes up, and becomes rabid. Cecilia can already sense his aura, it's lustful for blood and violence. He's going to be quite the handful. As long as he keeps his humanity in tact, it should be okay, but as soon as he turns to the dark side, it might not be possible to redeem him.

"He's going to wake up soon." Dakota commented. Cecilia looked at her and offered a small smile.

"It's probably best to keep him away from Lisa for a while," she suggested and glanced briefly at Caleb's tranquil face. "Just in case."

"Of course. I have already fixed up a brand new apartment for him. It's probably best if he stays away from his hometown. I don't think they will react well when they find out he's back from the dead."