5. Cecilia

{5} Song: 'Locked out of heaven' by Bruno Mars

Caleb read the letter and he confirmed that it was in fact Lisa's handwriting. But he knew Lisa well, at least well enough to know that she wasn't the type to run off with a guy he didn't know about. It felt like a big slap on the face. How could he have let this happen?

"Lisa, its Caleb again. Call me back when you get this. Everyone thinks you're going through a rebel faze...to be honest you surprised even me. I hope you made the right decision. Please...let me know that you're getting these voice mails." Caleb turned off his phone and stared hard at the car park in front of him. It reeked of bleach. Someone must have dropped it from their trolley or something. The supermarket was just around the block. It was a logic explanation...except, it didn't smell like a spill, it smelt like a cover up.

Caleb double checked the security footage of the car park. There was nothing suspicious, but then the screen abruptly went blank. It had all been wiped. That night at the car park when Lisa was crying because Melanie died, he offered to drive her home and just like the security footage Caleb's mind went blank afterwards. He had trouble remembering what had happened next.

Caleb decided to check the security cameras inside the grill. He forwarded to the part where Lisa entered the grill and seated herself on the stool near the bar. They talked and then the screen went blank only to illuminate a minute later and Lisa has walked out to the front entrance, sidetracked by Chace and his mates. The screen goes blank again. When it comes back to life, Lisa is re-entering the grill. Caleb remembered that she forgot her satchel but failed to find it. The security camera showed Lisa breaking down when Melanie's death was announced. Caleb walked her to the back exit. That's all the evidence he had. That's all that he remembered. He had never been more confused in his life but he knew one thing for certain. Chace was one of the last guys Lisa saw. He'll start there.

*

Rebekah was back at school, she couldn't stay in the Mikaelson Manner any longer. She was dressed in her cheer-leading costume as she strut into the school, this place was way better than home. The bell sounded its usual ear-splitting ring and everyone stampeded through the corridors. Sometimes Rebekah did the honors of denting school kids into the lockers to get through but this time she used her super speed to get to her student council meeting.

When she walked in, the girls were gossiping in one small group and the boys were watching something ridiculous on their phones, so much for representing their school.

"Don't we have a fundraiser to plan?" Rebekah scolded. Everyone turned around and paid full attention to her. "Where are the posters you guys are supposed to be working on?"

"Lisa has them. The school's lamination machine was broken so she offered to laminate them at her place." explained Blaine the male school captain. Rebekah mentally stabbed Klaus with the white oak stake.

"Well that's a shame," She sighed. Everyone looked at her curiously. "Lisa's on holidays and I don't think she'll be coming back anytime soon."

"Where did she go?" Blaine asked. The whole group shut up and waited for a response. They knew it wasn't like Lisa to just leave without warning.

"I don't know, that's all I've heard. Don't ask me about her again." Rebekah compelled them. She didn't like to do that but it was her only salvation. Being an original vampire meant keeping secrets and telling lies. She wished she could confide in someone, someone who would listen to her when her family won't. She wished it could be Blaine, a remarkable human companion. But that was too dangerous and absurd. Telling the truth was too dangerous and absurd. She couldn't just say 'my brother kidnapped Lisa and she's held captive in our mansion because she can't be compelled.' This made Rebekah wonder about all the times she's compelled the student councils. Lisa was never compelled, the only reason why Rebekah never suspected was because Lisa always complied, always listened.