19. Loophole

{19}

Song: 'Princess of China' by Coldplay ft Rihanna

Lisa couldn't comprehend what Klaus had meant by that. I can't kill you without killing myself. Did he really mean that? Did his affection for her really go that deep? It's really hard to think of it that way, considering everything their 'relationship' has been through. Lisa broke away from Klaus' embrace abruptly. He looked at her sadly. Her bloodied hands had dried crimson and she caressed his cheek slowly. She desperately wanted to feel something for him. She just wanted a straight answer. If she did love him, she would accept it but if she felt nothing...then it's best if they were kept at a distance. That way they can leave all confusion and regret behind them.

But Lisa knew, as something stirred within her, that there was something magical about being this close to Klaus. They were both presented with opportunities to kill each yet they didn't. They didn't have the heart to.

That's something.

Klaus leant closer to Lisa's delicate face. She could feel his warm breath brushing against her cheekbones. She closed her eyes and stepped on the tips of her toes so her lips could touch his.

"Guess who's back from the dead?" A loud voice broke them apart instantaneously.

"Kol?" Lisa was surprised to see him. Where had he been all this time?

"You reckon it's too late for CPR?" He said playfully as he walked to Xavier's deceased body and poked it with a stick. Lisa immediately felt sick in the stomach. His blood was one her hands and she had the audacity to try to make out with Klaus in front of his dead body. Her eyes fleeted to the gound guiltily.

"Who undaggered you?" Klaus demanded.

Undaggered?

"You daggered Kol?" Lisa asked him, incredulously.

"Don't fret, Lisa. If I had known you guys were ogling each other like that, I'd remain daggered," even though Kol said that with mocking smile. He inwardly cringe at the thought of Klaus and Lisa making out.

"You didn't answer my question." Klaus pressed.

"Rebekah freed me and then I imprisoned her." He responded bluntly. He knew Rebecca didn't have the guts to drive the dagger through him. It was a mere threat. But if he wanted things to go his way, he'd have to take advantage of that. And he did. Rebecca's in a coffin now. But Klaus just gave him an evil glare. "Anyway, I ran into Cecilia, she told me where to find you two," Kol then abandoned the stick he was holding and hoisted Xavier's body over his shoulder. "But she didn't say anything about a body-" he dangled the body like a puppet and mimicked vocies when he noticed Lisa's mortified expression. "I'm sorry, is this your friend?" He asked. Lisa kept quiet. Kol got Xavier's hand and waved it in a childish fashion. "Bye, Lisa. See you on the other side." He laughed and pretended to wipe a joyful tear from his eyes. "You get it? The other side? Cause he's dead?"

Lisa and Klaus just looked at him, blankly.

*

She could hear them coming, dragging along a body down the stairs and into the sanctuary. Cecilia opened the door whilst Dakota cleared a table for Xavier's body to rest on. When Kol knelt him down on the table, he had realised he went a little too far with the joke. Lisa had not spoken to him nor looked at him afterwards. She simply kept quiet and bowed her head for the majority of the time. He had apologised in the car, but she pretended not to hear.

Kol sighed and stepped away from Xavier, whose lips were bluing and blood soaked clothes reeked. Dakota stripped him bare until he was only in his boxes and started rubbing herbs and oil onto his fatal injury; single puncture though the heart caused by the syringe. Lisa watched.