17. Unravelled

{17}

Song: 'Dark Paradise' by Lana Del Ray

Klaus had dropped "dead" and Lisa hovered over his body anxiously. Xavier had witnessed the scene and decided to help her out. He was very impress that she managed to think quickly and kill that second vampire. Lisa could feel his footsteps approach her and she hastily undaggered the vervain shot from Klaus's chest and shoved it in her pocket.

"Need a hand?" Xavier smirked. As he hoisted the guy with the blue spiky hair over the ledge. Lisa flinched. Xavier dragged Klaus by the ankle but he still played dead, just as Lisa had instructed. Terrified that Klaus was next to be thrown off the building, she intervened.

"If we keep going like this, we're bound to get caught. I'm sure they're going to become incredibly suspicious when they find more than one of their own hurled off a building with a single punctured wound." Lisa reasoned. She could feel the smirk playing on Klaus' lips but made sure to conceal most of his face. Xavier must've of never met Klaus before, because he is showing no signs of recognition.

"What do you think we should do?" Xavier arched an eyebrow, he was clearly impressed with her way of thinking. Damn, if she had known him sooner, she would of been a great hunter.

"We should just leave him here, sunlight kills vampires, right? In just a few hours the sun will rise and he will be nothing but ashes."

"Good thinking," Xavier nodded. It's not like he hadn't thought of it before, using the sun to cover up traces, but he wanted to test whether Lisa was capable of pushing a dead vampire off a building. "Do you want to go back or slay some more bloodsuckers?" He asked with a teasing smile. Lisa side glanced at Klaus.

"I want to go home, we can do this again tomorrow night." She said and Xavier took her hand and led her through the intoxicating crowd of Dixon Nightclub.

When Klaus sensed their retreating footsteps he turned to his side with a groan. He patted the area where Lisa had injected vervain, it was healing well. He shook his head and followed them.

"We can do this again tomorrow night?" He echoed her. "Not a chance."

*

It had been awhile since she could wonder down the streets without having to fear her brother's presence. She had dropped out of high school because she couldn't stand that annoying human girl, who has done nothing but tear her family apart. Rebekah is finally back.

She had spent the past week with her niece, Alyssa, mostly searching for her because she went missing for a few nights. But it turns out Tyler came to her aid and she's safe so Rebekah returned to the Mikaelson Manner and roamed the streets as she pleased.

"Ruth!" She called out to the empty mansion. Well almost empty. Ruth appeared with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" She asked.

"Where's my brother Kol?" Rebecca demanded. She knew Klaus had daggered him, but the question is where? She knew that if news spread to Elijah, there would be further quarrels and she's sick of them. Who made Klaus the man of the house, who daggers his siblings?

"I don't know." Ruth answered.

"You don't know, or you don't want to tell me?" Rebekah crept her fangs out and stepped forward, threateningly. But Ruth was unfazed. She knows Rebekah won't hurt her unless-

"If you think you're petty life is important to Klaus at this stage it's not, he's obsessing over a human girl for Christ's sake. He's not going to notice you when you're gone." Rebekah clutched Ruth's throat and lifted her a few centimetres off the ground. "Lets try this again, where is Kol?"