18. Vengeance

{18}

Song: 'Figure 8' by Ellie Goulding

The columns of sunlight that shone onto Lisa's face like laser beams woke her up from her slumber. She rubbed her eyes, yawned and stretched across her bed, toppling over some pillows and stuff that was on her bed onto the carpet. She rolled off the edge and sat there, breathing deeply. What on earth has her life become? There was no such thing as normal anymore. She had not remembered having a proper conversation with her family or friends since Caleb's funeral. Caleb. The memory still tore her up inside.

"I won't ever forget you, Caleb," she whispered, absently. "I'll avenge you." She sounded determined but it was obvious that she wasn't sure what that meant. To 'avenge' his death would require doing things that segregate her from her family and friends further. Being detached to the real world and submerging into the supernatural was something she's gotten good at doing anyway. Though she still longed for her old life. Wait a minute. Did she?

Back then she was just this timid girl with straight As that spent most of her time at home reading or studying. And if she was lucky, she'd have a latte at the grill with her best friend keeping her company. Back then she was naive about the supernatural world, she was ignorant and desperate to change her introverted ways. And now look where that got her....

It was all Esther.

God, it hurt her. No. It tortured her. The mere thought of Esther being in control of everything. She never wanted things to end between her and Klaus the way it did. She knew there had to be something, because no matter what, she could never bring herself to hurt him.

Love?

Not likely.

Like?

Hmmm.

Figuring out what she really felt about him was tough enough as it is. But he eventually walked away didn't he? Especially after she said she wanted to hunt. It wasn't because she thought it was her rightful duty to become a hunter. Heck no.

It was for vengeance.

Lisa got up and walked into her bathroom. She splashed handfuls of water onto her face and slowly gazed up at her mirror. Behind her she thought she saw a dark shadow. She whipped her head around, but it turned out to be nothing. Not completely convinced, she observed the bathroom and wickedly smile.

"Esther if that's you," she said, aloud. "I'm going to hunt you down."

*

Everything has gotten extremely complex. Cecilia and Dakota had no idea what to do now that they have unravelled the mystery to Esther and The Spirits' alliance. They wanted Alyssa dead. Since she is the offspring of the first hybrid and the last descendent of the royal Labonair Pack. They fear Alyssa's existence ever since she was born, she disturbed the natural order and is a potential threat to the reign of witches. Dakota and Cecilia have fought for the child's rights for many years, but they're in another dilemma because now how are they are going to stop dozens of young vampire hunters from tracking and killing Alyssa? Their blood is toxic and undetectable.

All this time, it was Alyssa The Spirits wanted dead. But it is evident that Esther trained her little hunters to go after the Original family, mainly because she wanted them to reunite in the other side with her. The Spirits let this happen because killing the Originals meant the collapse of the vampire species, so that's a bonus for them.

Flipping through hundreds of grimoires, Cecilia and Dakota gathered that if Klaus was killed, Alyssa would not die, even if she descended from him. She's special. Powerful. And that's what makes her dangerous. Her invincibility is concerning.