20. Ressurection

{20}

Ressurection is the ability to bring someone back from the dead. It is said to be one of the most dangerous spells of all because it disturbs the balance of nature but every once in a while there's always an exception. Living in this current supernatural world, resurrection is almost a common thing, given you have a powerful witch on your hands and The Spirits consent, of course. But in that moment of such reviting news, everything seemed surreal.

"So anyone can come back?" Lisa clarified.

Cecilia and Dakota beamed as they admired the symbol of life that was imprinted over Xavier's chest. This was something to be in awe about. Think about it, you can ressurect anyone from the dead! But there's one problem.

"So who's coming back?" Kol asked the very question that was on the tip of everyone's tongue.

The whole atmosphere of the room had changed. Everyone just glanced around, not sure whether it was right to speak. The silence lingered until-

"Finn, it's about time we reunite." Klaus said. It's about time to set things right with his brother, amend the bonds that have been severed for so long.

"I agree. He's our brother, we need to bring him back." Kol chimed. The Mikaelson brothers looked at Cecilia with utter conviction. But she sighed and looked at Xavier pitifully.

"I knew you would say that but unlike most dead supernaturals, Finn actually likes being dead. He's with Sage on the other side. We can't force the dead to become the living again, it would cause an upset during the ritual and things would go wrong." She explained. But before Klaus or Kol could retaliate, Lisa jumped in.

"Wait a minute!" She held her hand up for silence. Everyone stared at her. She turned to Cecilia. "You said anyone can come back, does that include Caleb?" The only reason why she would team up with Xavier was so she could become stronger and somehow kill Esther to avenge her bestfriend. "He died because of me, and I can never forgive myself for it. He didn't deserve to die!"

"Lisa," Cecilia placed a finger on Lisa's lips and sighed deeply. "I understand what bringing Caleb back would mean for you but we have to think strategically about this." She reasoned but Lisa was not going to give up that easily.

"I am willing to risk anything for him to come back. Please, Cecilia, you have to bring him back!" Lisa begged, tears threatened her eyes. Kol and Klaus stayed put, as much as they wanted Finn to come back, they knew the chances were slim, so now they are contemplating whether or not to bring back Caleb. He was just a kid that got in the way after all.

"Lisa, if we bring Caleb back he's not going to come back human. He died in transition so he's going to have feed or else he's rejected-"

"He's going to come back a vampire?" Lisa exclaimed, incredulously. Cecilia nodded.

"But it's a good thing because of his funeral, he can start fresh." Dakota added to lighten up the mood. Now Lisa was weighing her options. If he came back to life he would be a vampire. But if he didn't, he's just trapped on the other side as a lost cause.

"Well I give up on Finn," Kol intervened. "If she wants Caleb to come back, I'd say we should let the guy come back." But Cecilia just made a concerned face.

"I actually want to revive Xavier since he's under my jurisdiction." She pursed her lips. Every pair of eyes turned to Xavier's dead body. He rested peacefully on the table with a herb symbol on his chest. Lisa wouldn't mind bringing him back, but Caleb was a bigger priority. It might sound selfish, because it is, but what can you do? Bestfriends stick together.

"Please, Cecilia." Lisa begged again.

*

Klaus, Kol and Lisa were ordered upstairs as the ressurection ritual began. They occupied the living space with zero conversation. Klaus was still in his tattered clothes, covered in blood, his hair slick with sweat. Lisa's hands remained red from Xavier's blood. Kol also got some of Xavier on his blazer as he was the one who carried the guy. But they didn't even have the engery to wash it off. They just sat there in deep thought.