Chapter 11

Renesmee's P.O.V

As I got in the car, I could hear the engine's purr and felt the smooth leather seats beneath me. Mason looked at me, his eyes crinkling with a warm smile. Then Mason's hand traced a path up my thigh, sending shivers down my spine. I've never felt this way with anyone except Jacob.

"Are you ready?" Mason asked.

I took a breath and nodded. "Yes," I responded.

Mason pulled his hand away from my thigh and grabbed the steering wheel. He said, "Okay, let's go."

Mason pulled out of the driveway and headed out of the woods.

Ten minutes into the drive, silence and awkwardness filled the air. I needed a subject to talk about.

Mason looked at me with concern and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, thinking." I lied.

"About what?"

"Hum.. I don't know... I guess this date and stuff."

Mason parked in front of a house and gave me a curious look. He asked me, "What about that?"

"Well, since I have never been on a date with anyone, I am nervous."

"You haven't. I thought something was happening between you and that guy in the house. He's very protective of you."

"No, I'm not even allowed to date him."

"Oh yeah, I forgot he's too old for you."

Silence greeted us as he opened the door. He said, "We should leave now."

"Alright," I said.

As I reached for the door handle, Mason opened it.

"Thanks," I said, stepping out of the car.

"You're welcome, my lady," Mason said.

I laughed. The sound echoed in the room. Mason closed the door. I felt his warm hand holding mine. We walked to the house. I saw a group of young adults going inside. The house was full of energy. I stopped. I looked at Mason with curiosity. He looked worried and concerned. He asked, "What's wrong? I thought you wanted to come?"

"Yeah, but now I'm rethinking this. I don't think this is a good idea," I responded.

"Renesmee, it will be okay. I'll be by your side the whole time. Don't worry."

With successful hesitation, I nodded, unsure about this idea, and we went inside.

Upon entering, the atmosphere did not resemble a Christmas party. It diverged. It looked like a typical movie party with drinks and other stuff. Horrifying things were happening, such as guys groping girls as they danced, which made me want to gag.

I stared at Mason, my eyebrows furrowed with anger. "You said this was a Christmas party. Where are the Christmas trees and gifts?" I demanded.

"Hum, I kind of lied to get your parents to let you go out with me," Mason responded.

My eyes widened in surprise as I exclaimed, "What?"

"Did you think I would take you to a Christmas party?"

"Well, yeah."

"I'm sorry; I wanted us to have some real fun. Now come on."

Mason's grip tightened around my hand as he tugged me towards the dance floor, but I remained rooted. I would not dance with him because he lied to me.