Chapter 33

119 days later...

Renesmee's P.O.V

It has been four months. Year-end is near. Things have changed a lot since then, especially for Sophia. She had gotten so big, and what grandpa said was true. By December's end, she'll be eight years old. I'll need to withdraw her from school. I have already moved her up some grades, but she will get bigger every month. Mom and Dad think the same thing.

I walked down the hallway and entered the living room. I noticed Sophia giggling as she watched SpongeBob. Right beside her was my mom. I approached the couch and took a seat beside Sophia. Sophia moved to my lap.

"Mommy!" Sophia cheered.

I helped her up and put her on my lap. "Gosh, you're getting big." I teased.

She laughed and leaned her back against my chest. While she watched the show, I ran my fingers through her long, dark, light brown hair. It has become softer like mine. As I did, I noticed Sophia's facial structure. Her facial structure has grown and gotten a lot more like mine. She was blossoming into a beautiful young lady and no longer seeing her as a child made me cry. Did mom feel this way when she had me? Speaking of mom, I must ask her about Sophia being in school.

Still playing with Sophia's hair, I said, "Mom,"

Mom turned to face me. "Yeah, sweetie," she said.

"What should I do? grandpa kept saying she would grow more and more each year. Should I keep moving her up a grade?"

"Hum, I don't know, sweetie. It's best if you take her out of school. This way, you can avoid arousing suspicion and facing questions about her absence."

I nodded. "Yeah," I said.

My mom had a point: I could have kept her out of school as my mom did, but I needed to take her somewhere during the day. I don't want my parents caring for her despite their help.

"Mom, I have an idea," I said.

"What is it?" Mom asked.

"Imagine if we mentioned our desire to homeschool her. It wouldn't be suspicious."

"Yeah, but I thought you wanted her to be social?"

"I concur, although people may still grow suspicious of her development."

My mom nodded. "Okay, but who will tutor her?" she asked.

"Hum..." I said.

I didn't consider that. "What about I ask the family? Grandpa knows a lot. What about grandpa? Can't he?" I asked.

"I don't know. You'll have to ask them." Mom said.

"Great, I should do it now."

Mom nodded.

I got up, put Sophia on the couch, and grabbed the remote to turn the T.V. off.

"Hey, mommy, I'm watching that," Sophia said.

"Baby, we have to head to the main house, and besides, you've had enough T.V. for the day," I said.

When I was about to leave, I realized Sophia was slipping from my hip, so I had to set her down. Sophia then put her arms up for me to pick her back up. "No, mommy, hold me," she whined.

"No, Sophia, you're getting too heavy for me now. So you're going to walk more often now." I responded.

"Fine."

I held her hand and unlocked the door. The first person I saw was someone unexpected. Standing right before me was Sophia's biological father, my ex. I attempted to shut the door, but he obstructed it by sticking his foot in. Stupid vampire abilities. I opened it and glared at him.