Chapter 6

Jacob's P.O.V

The afternoon patrol was busy because of a new vampire in town. It all started when my pack and I took the day shift, and Sam's pack took the night shift. Embry and I stayed near Forks, while Quil, Seth, and Leah stayed close to home in La Push. So, inquire about the existence of a bloodsucker amidst the borders. That's what we are trying to figure out. Embry and I raced through the forest in wolf form, paws thumping on the ground. The trees echoed as we caught a scent.

"Can you smell that, Embry?" I inquired.

"Yeah, and it stinks."

"We should get closer."

"Alright."

We charged towards the vampires and took cover behind a bush. As we got behind the bush, we heard voices. Two vampires are present. Why did two vampires suddenly appear after four years? It's been a while since we've seen new vampires.

"This is ridiculous. She won't like or want me," the boy told his mom.

The boy sounds like he is close to Renesmee's age.

"Son, this isn't silly. She'll like it. Volturi mentioned she's unique, beautiful. She's unlike any vampire you've encountered," the woman explained.

"What is she, anyway?" The young boy asked.

"I don't know. I haven't heard that topic from the Volturi yet."

The young boy sighed, and his shoulders slumped. He asked, "Can we go to the cabin?"

"Alright." The woman responded.

They ran through the woods, leaving us behind. I turned to look at Embry. He looked at me with curiosity. "I have to discuss this with the Cullens," I stated.

Embry nodded and said, "Alright."

Embry turned and ran away from Forks, his footsteps echoing in the air. I moved away from the bush and ran toward Cullen's house.

Renesmee's P.O.V

After practicing piano with Dad, he left the living room, and I walked into the kitchen to grab myself a snack. As I did, I heard a rustling sound from the forest's depths, catching my attention. As I walked towards the window, I saw something moving. A tail swayed and transformed into feet. Then, I noticed Jacob standing outside the woods, casting a long shadow on the ground. With a smile, I descended the stairs and walked out the front door, feeling the cool breeze. I then caught Jacob's gaze, and his lips curled into a friendly smile. I sprinted towards him, leaping into his arms and embracing him. I wrap my legs around his waist, and Jacob's hands hold me close in his embrace.

After a while in his arms, Jacob puts me down. I take a step back, eyeing him in curiosity. "What brings you here? Weren't you patrolling?" I inquire.

"I do, but I need to talk to your family,"

"About what?"

"I'll tell you inside."

Jacob held my hand, and I felt an electric shock run through my arms. We walked inside the house and headed upstairs to the living room.

"Take a seat. I'll fetch my family," I assured.

Jacob nodded and entered the living room. His footsteps echoed in the muted house. I walked into my dad's old bedroom, where they both were.

"Hey, mom and dad," I said.

My parents glanced back and made eye contact with me.

"Yes, honey," Mom said.

"Everyone, come downstairs. Jacob has something important to share," I announced.

My dad looked at me, sensing my unease. His worried expression revealed his concern. "What's on your mind?" he inquired.

"Jacob wouldn't tell me. He wants the whole family together," I responded.

"Alright, we will go get the rest of the family. Go downstairs with Jacob." Mom commanded.

"Alright,"

Spotting Jacob on the couch downstairs, I settled beside him.

"So, are they coming?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

They all sat down, and I contemplated Jacob's thoughts. What's so urgent that he must tell the whole family?

"What's the news?" Mom inquired.

Jacob looked at Mom with a worried expression. He said, "it's bad news."

"Alright, what's the bad news?"

"It appears two vampires have moved into the area."

I widen my eyes in surprise and ask, "What? What caused the sudden appearance of two new vampires after four years?"

"That's what I am trying to figure out," Jacob responded.

I nod.

"Who are they?" Uncle Emmett asked.

"I don't know. I didn't see the bloodsucker's faces," Jacob responded.

"Do you know their purpose here?" Grandpa asked.

"The mother and son are present for a girl. The Volturi informs them about a unique vampire girl. They both want to meet her," Jacob responded.

"Wait, a different vampire. That could be me. They could be after me," I responded.

"That makes sense. The Volturi only knows one different kind of girl vampire," Mom remarked.

Jacob appeared tense and worried. I reached out, holding his hand. "Are they on their way?" I inquired.

"I don't think so," Jacob responded.

"We should think about what they want with Renesmee," Grandpa mentioned. '

Jacob nodded. He said, "I told the rest of our pack to tell Sam's pack for protection."

Grandpa nodded, showing both understanding and approval. "Okay," he responded.

Jacob stood up. "I should get back to patrol," he mentioned.

They nodded, and I said goodbye to Renesmee and left.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it.

Please vote, comment, and share!