Chapter 3

Renesmee's P.O.V

As I closed the door, the rumble of Jacob starting his motorcycle reverberated in my ears. I approached him as he was about to put on his helmet. As I neared him, I took a moment to scrutinize his appearance because I hadn't looked at him. His body looked sculpted as his tight white shirt clung to him, highlighting his abs. Jacob smirked, his eyes narrowing as he noticed me staring at him. I blushed and looked away as I stood next to him. Jacob handed me a helmet, and I fastened it on my head. I hopped on the motorcycle, unsure of hand placement.

"Put your hands on my hips," Jacob whispered, his voice filled with a playful tone and smirk.

I nodded, my hands trembling and trying to steady them, and placed my hands on Jacob's hips, feeling his warmth. I had never touched him like that before, and his body tensed in response. Yet, his tense muscles relaxed. I held him while he lifted the motorcycle stand, and we rode away. I got scared as he went faster. I held onto him tighter. Jacob laughed and asked if I was okay.

"Yeah, not used to riding on the back of motorcycles," I responded.

"You're like your mother when she first rode a motorcycle with me."

I nodded my head. I felt jealous when Jacob talked about my mom all the time.

"Why do you keep mentioning my mother? It's odd," I inquired.

Jacob parked his motorcycle and removed his helmet as he arrived at his house. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not sure," he said. "Your mother and I had a past before I became attached to you. Whenever I spend time with you, it reminds me of her."

Jacob's words hurt me, and I don't know why. I got off the bike, removed my helmet, and confronted him. "So, everything we do together reminds you of Bella?" I asked.

"No, I mean..."

"You mean what? I don't want you to relate me to what you did with my mom. I want our relationship to differ from what you had with my mother."

Jacob held my hands and said, "Nessie, I loved my time with your mom, but I want exciting adventures with you now."

I smiled and inquired, "Are you pleased I am a person who enjoys adventures?"

"Ah, huh," Jacob responded.

I grinned more, and we stood there, gazing at each other. Then Jacob spoke up. "Let's head inside."

I nodded in agreement and responded with a simple "Yeah."

When we reached the front door, Jacob grabbed the knob to open the door. We walked inside and into the kitchen. We saw Billy and Grandpa watching something as we walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, Dad," Jacob said.

"Hey, son," Billy said.

As I turned around, Billy greeted me with a smile and said, "Hey, Renesmee!"

"Hi,"

Grandpa spotted me and walked over with open arms. "Hey, Renesmee," he greeted, hugging me.

I hugged him in return and said, "Hi."

Grandpa released the hug and inquired about our plans. He wanted to make sure that Jacob was keeping his granddaughter safe. Jacob nodded.

"Good, because he wouldn't be protecting her if he didn't imprint on her," Billy said.

"Dad!" Jacob yelled.

Grandpa fixed his gaze on Jacob, his face contorting with curiosity. "I've been hearing a lot about this imprinting thing. Can you enlighten me about what it is?" he asked.