I Am Caught-8

I Am Caught

"Wait, wait, stay there," Declan told me when he saw me walking back to the house. "It can be like one of those reunion things on the movies where we run to each other and hug in slow motion."

I gave him a look which he probably couldn't see because of my distance. "But that's for long lost couples."

"Fine, it's the friend version," he amended.

Oh Darn. I wanted him to call us a couple.

"Okay," I said and shrugged.

"One, two, three!" He yelled and began running to me in slow motion. I did the same and when we met up in the middle, Declan spun me around in the air for a few seconds before bringing me in for a hug.

"I missed you, Witherspoon," he said into my hair as he used his thumb to rub circles on my back.

What was he doing? Was he trying to get raped? By me? Because I will if he kept that up.

"You are so random, John Doe," he mumbled into his chest. He smelled good; not like a boy, but a man. Which I liked.

"No, you're supposed to say that you missed me too, like in the movies," he said and let go of me. I missed his warmth.

"Oh, right, we're pretending," I mumbled. I almost forgot. "Well, I missed you."

"That's better," he said smiling. Then he took my hand and led me into my own house. Did I tell you how much I loved his hands? Especially when they were in mine.

But why was he in such a happy mood?

"Hi, Mrs. Carter," Declan said to my mom who was sitting at the table doing a word search. She loved those things.

As soon as she saw us she zeroed in on our entwined hands. Then she looked up at us, a huge smile on her face.

"Are you guys-"

"No," I answered before she could finish, then I pulled Declan away from my mother and up the stairs. He had no idea what just happened, as he had completely zoned out.

I shook my head as we went into my room and sat on the bed. 

"So, why are you holding my hand?" I asked. It's not like I minded, but it was weird.

"Your hand is really smooth. And soft," he said while letting go, only to pick it back up again and start playing with it.

"Okay, you're a creep," I told him and pulled my hand back, knowing that sooner or later, it would get awkward.

"Fine," he said and looked away from my hands to my face.

Then I noticed how close we were.

He started leaning in, so close that our noses were almost touching. And just when both of our eyes began to flutter shut, we heard a female shout from downstairs.

"Declan, it you don't stop flirting with that girl who is too good for you instead of fixing this damn door you broke, I'll chop your wee wee off with that sharp knife I bought at that yard sale!"

We shot away from each other; Declan jumped off the bed while I scooted away from the place we had been sitting at like it was on fire. 

"Um, I'm gonna-um, I'll be back, um, maybe-uh bye," he stuttered as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

I sat frozen on the bed, until my mother cracked open the door with a knowing smirk on her face. I gave her one look and she took the hint, closing the door behind her.