I Am a Suck Up-5

I Am-5

After finishing the video, I went back to Far in Life and made a page called "I Am Reese." In the description box, I simply wrote "Oh, the struggles of my life." I uploaded the video then closed the laptop.

This was a big moment for me.

I had just posted my first willing video of myself online. This was huge. This could make me or break me.

I took a deep breath then checked my phone. It was 8:56, still early, but I was tired. Today had been a long day and all I wanted to do was just have nice dreams about Declan and the future Mrs. Doe.

I quickly took a shower, put on some pajamas, and threw the stuff off of my bed. No time for tidyness.

Oh, sweet sleep.

The smell of pancakes and bacon woke me up. I glanced at the alarm clock on my nightstand and saw that it was only 10 o'clock. Way too early, but I didn't want to miss out on that heavenly smelling food.

I walked down the stairs, guided by the breakfast aromas. I was woken from my stupor, however, when I noticed that my family wasn't the only one there.

Sitting at the table, was Declans dad, a boy that looked thirteen or fourteen, Lace, my dad and of course, Declan.

I snuck back up the stairs, glad that no one had noticed me and did all the usual morning things. Only then, did I go far enough downstairs so that Declans family could see me.

"Good morning," I greeted with a smile.

"And the beast awakens," my dad mumbles, just loud enough for everyone to hear. 

I blushed and walked into the kitchen where my mom and another lady, who I assume is Declan's mom, were.

"Hi!" She says and wipes her hands on a rag. Then she walked over to me so I stick out my hand for her to shake. But she only glanced at my outstretched hand before engulfing me in a hug.

"I'm Elaina Foster, Declan's mom," she says when she she finally pulls away. I notice that her eyes are the same color as Declan's. Icy blue.

"I'm Reese," I introduce myself.

"I already know who you are," she says with a small smile. "You left quite an impression on my husband."

I cringe at the thought. "Oh, yeah, sorry about that. It's not my usual behavior," I apologize.

My ever so loving mother scoffs. I shoot her an evil glare.

"It's okay," Mrs. Foster says. "I love how your family is so interesting."

I like this lady.

I smile at her once more, then turn to my mom. "You're cooking?" I asked.

My mom isn't the best cook. I'm used to having cereal or something else that's quick and easy fro breakfast, not whatever she was making.

"Elaina's teaching me," she explained with a huge smile on her face, obviously excited to learn. She was eating up the whole suburban family thing.

"That's nice," I said absentmindedly, thinking of a certain someone who had blue eyes and dark hair.

"So, you and Declan seem to be getting close..." Mrs. Foster says with Declan's smirk. It's amazing how much alike he looks like both parents, you can't really pinpoint what looks like what after you see all three of them.